Mountain Biking

fez

fez

Caporegime
I have the Nukeproof Horizon Enduro Sam Hill pedals or whatever they are called on the dh bike. Great pedals. Got the Burgtec Mk4 composite pedals on the trail bike, not quite as gripping at the Nukeproofs but more that enough for the trail bike. My shins and calfs prefer the Burgtecs though :p

The only time my legs ever touch the pins on my pedals is when I am wheeling the bike or doing something stupid. I don't think I have ever gouged myself actually riding. :mad:

Soldato
The only time my legs ever touch the pins on my pedals is when I am wheeling the bike or doing something stupid. I don't think I have ever gouged myself actually riding. :mad:

Yeah it doesn't happen riding more when pushing up or crashing! Had the big crash at Dyfi Bike Park last summer, The Nukeproofs shredded my lef calf!

Soldato
the skin on my shins in paper thin - even doing a table top is enough to rub the skin off on the top tube :D

I rode Primo Pro pedals with non-removeable pins that had got worn down for years and ruined myself too many times

anyone remember the Brooklyn Machine works shinburgers gallery? - some were like doner meat strips lololol

Soldato
I had a pair of Shinburgers back in early 2000s I think it would have been. Worst pedals I've ever owned. So as they got a little bit wet there was no grip whatsoever. I think i rode with them twice before selling them

Soldato
I had a pair of Shinburgers back in early 2000s I think it would have been. Worst pedals I've ever owned. So as they got a little bit wet there was no grip whatsoever. I think i rode with them twice before selling them
shame you dont still have them !

$1000!

Soldato
I use DMR Vault pedals but I'm slowly converting to SPDs, currently using the cheapest Shimano SPD pedals.
Been a game changer discovering multi release cleats.

Anyone in here running Blueflow carbon wheels?
I can't decide between those or some all out Reserve wheels, both on Hope Hubs.

Soldato
shame you dont still have them !

$1000!

Dammit!! :p The ones I had were the earlier version that had the solid platform.

They really were awful though. Problem with them was the pins or spikes are far to wide so dont grip your shoes very well. Then had a bit of water or mud and its a skating rink. No exaggaration, they were dangerous to ride due to the lack of grip

Soldato
Soldato
Finally picked up my new Marin SQ3 27.5 from Brink (Bedford) they setup tubeless for me, I purchased a set of Burgtec Mark 4 flat composite (black) which they popped on, setup the rockshoxs based on my weight, plus the slack etc, can’t wait to get out and try it out :D

Soldato
Finally picked up my new Marin SQ3 27.5 from Brink (Bedford) they setup tubeless for me, I purchased a set of Burgtec Mark 4 flat composite (black) which they popped on, setup the rockshoxs based on my weight, plus the slack etc, can’t wait to get out and try it out :D

Ride it? Nah just Look at it and plan upgrades
Don't spoil it - it will get dirty and scratched

Looks nice though glad you found something get scralping round chicksands woods or in the bike park bit

Soldato
Are five tens any better than they used to be I have some old impact ones and they're like a sponge feels like they add a kilo to each foot when they are wet and they always felt a bit cheap. I do need some new bike shoes.

Back
Top Bottom