MP Jo Cox murdered in West Yorkshire [Thread title edited]

I'm bored of humanity these days to be quite frank...

When will the day come people cease being retarded and doing **** like this?

It's coming, we just won't live to see it. Even with all our problems, this is the most peaceful, prosperous period in the history of mankind. :D

Whack job appears in court today, gives his name as "Death to traitors,freedom for Britain"

I don't think he's mentally ill, I think he's a far right extremist criminal and should be treated as such.

Legal killings however are not covered?

Legal kllings aren't murder.

IE two criminal gangs are fighting over territory one of the members of the first gang murders a dealer working for the second gang.

By your definition he must be mentally ill.

Yes.

A soldier sent by his comanders to fight and kill people he's never even met.

That's not murder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just thinking about the guy that has done this. From the photo issued in the press, the one of him sitting on the bench, I would say that he 'doesn't look quite right' and that was the first thing that struck me when I saw him, by that I mean I think he may have a mental health issue. He's a long term volunteer so that puts him on benefits, most likely ESA or similar. He appears to be fully active and physically fit therefore it's quite possible that his need for benefits points to the fact that he does indeed have some kind of mental health issue. Now mix this with being brainwashed (easily led too perhaps) and we have the ingredients for something like this.

I am speculating of course, but I think it's a reasonable speculation (if there's such a thing) and what this gives us is more of what myself/Freakbro touched on (we didn't actually touch, honest!) earlier and makes it all very complicated with all sorts of possible theories, claims, defences, allegations, pleas, outcomes etc.

The thing is the usual clan in here won't have the above, i posted earlier in the thread that most likely everyone on this forum will live within 200 yards of a person who is just like this guy, before he murdered her.

They won't have it though even though you are probably correct in what you say.

Last edited:
As people are so keen to link this man to the BNP, EDL, BF and UKIP, will they also be questioning the intentions of the Labour and Conservative members who are up for Brexit?

The thing is the usual clan n here won't have the above, i posted earlier in the thread that most likely everyone on this forum will live within 200 yards of a person who is just like this guy, before he murdered her.

They won't have it though even though you are probably correct in what you say.

Actually, I do wonder exactly that. But not in the context of mental health issues.

How many more people in these groups are of a similar mindset just not taking that final step to 'take their country back'?

How much influence the recent referendum campaigning has played in pushing him to do this?

Last edited:
How much of the influence recent referendum campaigning has played in pushing him to do this?

Quite a bit I should imagine. With the right wing press throwing words like "traitor" around at those who want to vote remain, they certainly have blood on their hands.

I'm surprised people are so keen to argue over the motivations of this man, and who is to blame.

Mental health issues have most likely played a strong part in this, and this would be directly linked to him believing and ultimately acting on rhetoric being spouted by the likes of Britain First, the BNP, or even UKIP. If this is indeed what has happened.

I do understand the frustrations of people with regards to the media labelling him a terrorist or not, they tend to steer clear of that if the person in question is white (and not a Muslim).

You cannot seriously be suggesting that something Mair read by BF, BNP or UKIP caused Mair to murder Jo Cox? By that, would you also suggest that the anti-Iraqi War protests were responsible for Roshonara Choudhry's attempted murder of Stephen Timms MP in 2010?

It seems to me that this sort of reasoning is profoundly daft.

It has been established that Mair sought help from a therapist the day before the killing. It looks like he knew he was a sick man.

As people are so keen to link this man to the BNP, EDL, BF and UKIP, will they also be questioning the intentions of the Labour and Conservative members who are up for Brexit?

It's not a matter of linking him to those groups - he's done that himself.

To think that of every single person who supports 'Brexit' would be stupid. His views are of a significant extreme minority - it'd be like tarnishing all muslims with an ISIS brush.

Of course not, because it's completely stupid to refer to Remain/Leave in terms of Left/Right politics as some people do on hre as there are a mix of each on both sides.

The point of those organisations you listed is they are on the far right and spout the more extreme end of the leave argument

All areas have been hit but personal support especially in ones own home has been hammered. He may have been admitted at some point into a support unit and cuts may have seen him, as a low risk, be released.

We just don't know at the moment, it really could be anything.

The way this Gov\DWP assess and treats people is totally wrong, if you have no physical problems you are stuffed, benefits etc get cut, i have witnessed it first hand.

The DWP are a nightmare to deal with, if he was getting all the benefits he was entitled to then they will most likely have been cut dramatically, If they have been cut to what the ESA assessment rate is he will be living on approx £74 per week plus housing benefit and council tax benefit if that is needed, depends on your circumstances.

It is the same as if anyone's Dr signed them off work sick, for approximately the first 12 weeks your benefit is ESA assessment rate, approx £74 per week, after 12 weeks you then have to jump through hoop after hoop to get the benefits you are entitled to, you would probably even end up in court to fight for what you are entitled to because of them.

You cannot seriously be suggesting that something Mair read by BF, BNP or UKIP caused Mair to murder Jo Cox? By that, would you also suggest that the anti-Iraqi War protests were responsible for Roshonara Choudhry's attempted murder of Stephen Timms MP in 2010?

It seems to me that this sort of reasoning is profoundly daft.

It has been established that Mair sought help from a therapist the day before the killing. It looks like he knew he was a sick man.

Not directly, but the general undercurrent in the news and politics for the past few years has been along the lines of 'take our country back', etc.

It's no stretch to imagine that someone who is mentally ill could be affected by this. Even if it wasn't the intention of the politicians. They've all been at it, painting the absolute worst case scenario with dramatic 'facts' either way.

There is more to this story. More will come out soon.

The shooter has mental health issues and is easily led. Particularity easily led by his brother. How "he" got hold of a gun will be key

All is not as it seems right now

I haven't read to the end of the thread yet, just catching up, but watch it, the usual will be on your back if you don't treat it how they see it.

The way this Gov\DWP assess and treats people is totally wrong, if you have no physical problems you are stuffed, benefits etc get cut, i have witnessed it first hand.

The DWP are a nightmare to deal with, if he was getting all the benefits he was entitled to then they will most likely have been cut dramatically, If they have been cut to what the ESA assessment rate is he will be living on approx £74 per week plus housing benefit and council tax benefit if that is needed, depends on your circumstances.

It is the same as if anyone's Dr signed them off work sick, for approximately the first 12 weeks your benefit is ESA assessment rate, approx £74 per week, after 12 weeks you then have to jump through hoop after hoop to get the benefits you are entitled to, you would probably even end up in court to fight for what you are entitled to because of them.

Well, yea...Welcome to Tory led austerity

Back
Top Bottom