US: Mr. Robot

Caporegime
Watched this today and really enjoyed it. Reminds me of Rubicon in some ways.

I loved Rubicon, casting was basically perfect, brilliant acting. Far to sensible and likely realistic, not enough fancy technology and zooming for general audiences to get into unfortunately :(

That something like Rubicon gets cancelled and CSI just gets more and more god awful worse every time versions of the original god awful show is thoroughly depressing.

Soldato
I think it is a fine mix of Dexter, dash of Matrix and a bit of Fight Club.

There was one line that I am sure was a direct Matrix quote.

I'm betting it was " Let me tell you why your really here. Your here because you sense something wrong with the world, something you can't explain".

The direct quote from the Matrix is this "I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world."

Very very similar, might be a tip, might be coincidence.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Pilot was very good, and it's probably the first computer geek series where 'geek' lines do not come across as either cheesy or just made up and are (mostly) factually correct.

My only worry is the Slater Curse. Whenever Christian Slater was casted as lead/main support on TV, the show would not survive first season...

Caporegime
does anyone actually like slater ? I've always seen him as a sleazy slimey guy more of a toad than a human and I think only 1-2 of his movies could be considered good?

Soldato
I don't dislike him, just something about his voice and demeaner that come across as a bit arrogant or narcassitic. Can't quite put my finger on what it is though.

Soldato
I thought that the pilot was excellent, although I could not help but cringe when I saw the 218.108.149.373 IPv4 IP address. Err... no. :(

Soldato
I thought that the pilot was excellent, although I could not help but cringe when I saw the 218.108.149.373 IPv4 IP address. Err... no. :(

They have to do that, like the 555 area code for phone numbers. I can't remember where or what show/movie but when they used a real IP address in something the poor sod who owns it gets inundated with traffic.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
It's true about the IP addresses and the 555 numbers.. They never use real numbers.

Great pilot episode, nice to see some believable tech and hacking rather than the usual over the top unrealistic stuff you see (on shows like CSI). Not sure if it will take off or not but hope it does.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
does anyone actually like slater ? I've always seen him as a sleazy slimey guy more of a toad than a human and I think only 1-2 of his movies could be considered good?

I don't dislike him, just something about his voice and demeaner that come across as a bit arrogant or narcassitic. Can't quite put my finger on what it is though.

serveimage

He has that Terry Christian vibe....

Caporegime
Heathers, True Romance, Windtalkers, Interview with a Vampire, Austin Powers and Broken Arrow spring to mind.

How many of those movies is he the lead in again?

Interview with a vampire is pitt, cruise etc
windtalkers is cage
austim powers is meyers
True Romance looking at imdb has a massive all star cast
broken arrow was trovolta

I'm talking movies where he's made the movie when I say "I think only 1-2 of his movies could be considered good?"

lol his IMDB page
QL2UA3i.png
Known for not being on covers selling movies ;)

wait a minute I only see one Austin Powers movie on his imdb page
AKWJJ13.png
are you taking the urine mate?

Last edited:
Caporegime
New ep is out :)

good stuff, really starting to get into this now

Just one thing irked me
How come this series is set in modern times, fsociety are basically anonymous but the silk road etc and the rest of the dark net are ignored? yea really this awesome hacker can't get drugs on the internet.... even though most people on this forum would have 0 trouble

Soldato
I wouldn't think a TV Network would be too happy to advertise the availability and ease to buy drugs on the dark web. Also I doubt most people who watch it are as computer literate as here so probably aren't aware how easy it is which leads on to it simply easier to portray him doing drugs if he gets the off a dealer rather than in a mysterious package.

Back
Top Bottom