US: Mr. Robot

Caporegime
I wouldn't think a TV Network would be too happy to advertise the availability and ease to buy drugs on the dark web. Also I doubt most people who watch it are as computer literate as here so probably aren't aware how easy it is which leads on to it simply easier to portray him doing drugs if he gets the off a dealer rather than in a mysterious package.

I guess but most people will know about it from the various articles on the silk road and it's alternatives.
just be nice to have all the dark stuff in there too for the sense of realism

seems like a series with a nice steady pace though, you know some would have dragged the evil corp hacking in the first episode out over a whole series

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess but most people will know about it from the various articles on the silk road and it's alternatives.
just be nice to have all the dark stuff in there too for the sense of realism

seems like a series with a nice steady pace though, you know some would have dragged the evil corp hacking in the first episode out over a whole series

I wrote my previous response before having seen ep2, maybe based upon what happened in ep2 this is the direction the show will go. I do agree though it would be good if the brought in some of the darker elements of the internet in to the show.

In the first episode the main guy says that he only ever hears it being called EVIL corp now, So its a good little nugget in the program where he only hears Evil corp no matter what the others say.

On the subject of E Corp, I can't be the only one who sees the 'E' logo on the computer equipment and thinks of Dell.

Soldato
Just watched episode 2 via a stream... no more downloading torrents!!! Probably not legal, but heyho... why that site hasn't been shutdown, I don't know.

Episode 2, is good. Looking forward to Ep3 now. :)

Associate
I watched the third episode last night and I really don't know what to make of it, or even where it is heading. Although the premise of a good show is there, I just think that it is executed and styled in way that is just not to my tastes.

The music seems odd in places, and that scene with him tieing his pregnant gf up was just not needed

I may still with it, but I can't see this being renewed

Soldato
The first ep was quite captivating, the second and third not so much. I'm sure it will get back onto the story arc as it needs to build towards something but I just wasn't at all interested in this weeks episode.

I particularly liked the vigilante premise of the first episode where he was taking people down, but we didn't even get to see if he did take down the drug dealer. Needs more hacking in a hacking show.

Caporegime
The first ep was quite captivating, the second and third not so much. I'm sure it will get back onto the story arc as it needs to build towards something but I just wasn't at all interested in this weeks episode.

I particularly liked the vigilante premise of the first episode where he was taking people down, but we didn't even get to see if he did take down the drug dealer. Needs more hacking in a hacking show.
we saw him give the evidence to the police over his computer.
then we see the drug dealer in the street getting arrested with all his gang members? mr robot was going back to his apartment and witnessed it

Caporegime
not a fan of the latest ep.
ended up skipping most of the drugged out dream sequence
seemed to go on forever too!

Back
Top Bottom