US: Mr. Robot

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Was patiently waiting for that Muslim girl to speak otherwise it would have been cringe worthy and even more awkward.

I was going to say it feels similar to dexter accept Elliot is the on-line dexter version, but the show is perhaps headed off in another direction with E corp and that hacking group, if it was more focused on Elliot being more like the on-line dexter equivalent like we saw from episode 1 it would have been pretty cool and more gripping, then again I guess the comparisons may have made it look bad.

Still its a good show despite strange moments and episodes, but I do hope they keep it short and sweet.

Associate
I like the show but the last episode could have been much better, felt the hacking is becoming secondary to the story and its getting all trippy instead, also getting tired of all the drug rubbish to be honest.
Would have loved to see a scene similar the film sneakers when they were trying to get into building but maybe a little more believable.
If you have ever read any of the books kevin mitnick wrote about how social engineering was done in the real world, the shows version of that was just terrible and did not seem to fit with reality.

I do hope it gets better and i do like the show but not so keen on the last episode.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
just caught up with Ep 4 and like others have said, after a great Pilot its gone a bit downhill. thought ep 4 was terrible and just served no purpose.

Does anyone else think that Mr Robot (Christian Slater) is just in his head ala fight club?

Associate
just caught up with Ep 4 and like others have said, after a great Pilot its gone a bit downhill. thought ep 4 was terrible and just served no purpose.

Does anyone else think that Mr Robot (Christian Slater) is just in his head ala fight club?

Yes and tbh I think it detracts from the story now

Permabanned
I'm still liking it and for once think Slater is good for the show. I've gotten bored of the ones he's been the lead in but enjoying his role in this. It would be nothing without the guy playing Elliot though.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Wow, despite few super heavy miscasts (Angela/Darlene, so bland in comparison with the rest, so annoying) this thing is slowly but surely graduating to one of the most epic shows on television. Please don't screw it up, please don't screw it up...

One

One

Soldato
Wow, despite few super heavy miscasts (Angela/Darlene, so bland in comparison with the rest, so annoying) this thing is slowly but surely graduating to one of the most epic shows on television. Please don't screw it up, please don't screw it up...

They're sureley perfectly cast?

Angela is not supposed to stand out, she's a bog standard normal person. Darlene is supposed to have that metropolitan hipster nyc girl personality. Both doing a fine job imo.

Tyrell's wife is hawt!

Two more episodes to go, feels like this whole season is a set-up for next season it's been really good!

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Nice show love that retro 80s, 90s feel with the credits and music it really does have a movie type feel to the show hope it gets renewed for season 2 !

I don't mind 2 more eps left its all been quality eps more or less rather have that then 20 episodes of episode fillers.

Back
Top Bottom