• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition - How To Unlock The Power ***

Unfortunately i had to put my sound card between them, so i guess the top graphics card is too close to the sound card. The sound card is right next to the fan shroud :( Is there a way around this?

Under load, the card with its fans nearest the sound card is the hottest. Unfortunately I'm at my girlfriends right now, but ill take pictures tomorrow. May have to buy a pci express graphics card by the look of things.

There's a general expectation that the Twin FrozR should be something like 11 degrees lower than a normal 6950 though due to its cooling method.

You could always purchase an external sound card. Does your mobo not have a sound card built in that you could settle for?

Yeah it has an on board sound card, but the reason I went with a new one was because the on board sound card just flat out refuses to work with battlefield bad company 2 which just happens to be my favourite game :( The game would constantly crash with the on board but works perfect with my new card. I think getting a pci express sound card may help as I can put it above both the cards allowing room for clearance.

I have two pci sockets on the board, the bottom one is completely blocked by the bottom graphics card, which only leaves me with the socket between my two graphics cards. I think this may be restricting air for the top card as its so close to the fan, literally a millimeter away! Can anyone recommend a pci express sound card that is cheap? This would be able to go above both the cards and hopefully solve my problem.

Crikey, don't think I'd know where to begin really with sounds cards. How much is cheap? OcUK's cards range from £35.99 to £189.89 (Albeit, the most expensive does come with a set of Sennheiser headphones, but the sound card is literally just for plugging headphones into, I think.)

After purchasing one of these cards, I've come back to this thread to grab the custom bios and install it, but notice that the inital post was removed. Now, I'm not too fussed about the shaders, but was hoping to get the unlocked overclocking abilities.

Does anyone know if there is a copy of the bios still available anywhere?

Thanks!

After purchasing one of these cards, I've come back to this thread to grab the custom bios and install it, but notice that the inital post was removed. Now, I'm not too fussed about the shaders, but was hoping to get the unlocked overclocking abilities.

Does anyone know if there is a copy of the bios still available anywhere?

Thanks!

Yes there is. Google ATI389.

Back
Top Bottom