• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSi gaming R9 270 fan oil leak?

Mei

Mei

Soldato
wow this is worrying ><
mine seems fine but not had it long

its not like these are new fans? its the same cooler design, and if its happening to 270's its not a heat thing either

just a lot of defective fans!? not good :o

Soldato
I read about this issue on the MSI R9 290 Gaming card as well, which must use the same bearings. That, complaints about 'cheap' build quality elsewhere and some questions over cooling performance really put me off that card. I ended up going for the PowerColor PCS+ model instead for a similar price. It seems to have great cooling performance and be a reliable card - and hopefully no oil leaks. ;)

Mei

Mei

Soldato
I read about this issue on the MSI R9 290 Gaming card as well, which must use the same bearings. That, complaints about 'cheap' build quality elsewhere and some questions over cooling performance really put me off that card. I ended up going for the PowerColor PCS+ model instead for a similar price. It seems to have great cooling performance and be a reliable card - and hopefully no oil leaks. ;)

the msi seems very solid built, i wouldnt want to get in the way of one if it thrown at me :p (with also the possible hazard of getting oil in my eye)

i had 2, one was faulty(not the fans), the one i have left seems great, i have a tri-x on the way not sure when tho

and not sure now if i should trade the good msi i have left in for a tri-x too
i guess see how i feel over the next week but seems great ><

Permabanned
It was a joke, Mr Serious and he took it as one. :rolleyes:

Edit : Actually that is twice you have came in and replied to my comments on this thread and actually adding nothing to original issue as I did before we had a little joke, are you Trolling the new guy?

Permabanned
I think you are now telling lies as the first few comments were about the actual issue and then the first joke was to do with MSI claims of Military grade parts, nothing to argue about the proof is here.

Back
Top Bottom