• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSi gaming R9 270 fan oil leak?

Permabanned
Sure, where is these posts and if you are not bothered why so uptight and posting back on it?

You are imagining/inventing nonsence.

Associate
OP
This thread isn't about Nvidia vs AMD, it's about the fan oil leak issue on many MSI cards using Twin Frozr style cooler.

Anyways, asked for a RMA few days ago, got a response today saying that the oil leak isn't a fault, they put in too much of it and that it won't harm the system.

A bit disappointing really, with so many fans failing, I expected a better response than this, I shouldn't have to wait until one of the fans fails to RMA it.

I'm just gonna return it under DSR, if I can.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I bought it from OCUK so I'm a bit surprised, any issues I've had with any products, I asked for a RMA or to return item under DSR, they've always approved it without any questions.

Caporegime
This thread isn't about Nvidia vs AMD, it's about the fan oil leak issue on many MSI cards using Twin Frozr style cooler.

Anyways, asked for a RMA few days ago, got a response today saying that the oil leak isn't a fault, they put in too much of it and that it won't harm the system.

A bit disappointing really, with so many fans failing, I expected a better response than this, I shouldn't have to wait until one of the fans fails to RMA it.

I'm just gonna return it under DSR, if I can.

Was that from OCUK or MSI?

Permabanned
I assumed MSI support but you never know.

Either way I would be getting a new card or full refund and there is NO time limit in EU if something has a known fault from new so you would need see how common this is and prove that outside of normal warranty but inside it I see no problem getting sorted.

Caporegime
It seems to be common with AMD cards, I haven't seen a Nvidia MSI card with the same issue.

Google say's...

GTX 780's

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34007318

Ive noticed a constant rattling noise coming from my case when my fans spin up on my GPU. I figured it was just from vibrations caused by the fans spinning up and that I had a loose screw or wire rattling against the case. I was taking my computer apart to clean everything and then put it back together when I noticed a line of oil directly under my videocard running the length of the motherboard. Then I looked at the fan housing on the card and noticed grease on the fan blades and shrouds of both cards. I emailed MSI but havent received a response yet and after doing some looking around, it seems to be a common issue with these cards
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/118704-GTX-780-Leaking-Oil

I went into my pc for some dusting and noticed a thin line or liquid under my gpu on the motherboard. I started to freak out, thinking it was water. Upon closer inspection and me touching it, I found it to be some type of oil. I then realized it may be coming from my GPU's heatpipes. I have never encountered this before. My PC seems ot still run as normal, but it can be a forewarning of something bad. Anyone know what this is?

They are exactly the same fans. :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
I'm looking at KFA2 GTX 670 on here, but it's the last one in stock and I won't be able to buy until tomorrow. (I'd get it now but I'm unable to pay via PayPal, address unconfirmed for some reason, checked my account, it's verified and confirmed, no idea why.)

Other than that, I'm looking at EVGA GTX 760, unless someone can recommend me a better GPU <£250 that fits in a SG05? (max length 262mm, 267mm if I mod the case but I'd like to avoid that if I can.)

I don't really care about Nvidia/AMD anymore, just whatever has the best price/performance ratio, I already have a mining rig anyways.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom