• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI GPUs at CES 2014: Massive R9 290X Lightning

Yeah hopefully between £480 - £500.

I get everything VAT free through my work so I plan to sell my ref 290x for around £370 on ebay and get a shiny new 290x lightning for hopefully no more than £420 ex.VAT lovely job!

MSI teases R9 290X Lightning

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/34656...ures-triple-fan-triple-slot-cooler/index.html

34656_03_msi_teases_r9_290x_lightning_features_triple_fan_triple_slot_cooler_full.jpg

NDA man.

Air I dont care lol. No seriously I cant say exactly. It was a great performer though. The cooler is immense. Very effective, cool and quiet. Memory is Hynix with its only dedicated power phase.

NDA man.

Air I dont care lol. No seriously I cant say exactly. It was a great performer though. The cooler is immense. Very effective, cool and quiet. Memory is Hynix with its only dedicated power phase.
Oh right forgotten about the evil existence known as NDA :D

The memory is Hynix? Thought they were gonna be Sammy's? :(

Ya, I thought the MSI rep had mentioned Samsung memory? Anyways, looking forward to when the NDA expires- any chance you can tell us if that's in first half of Feb? :D

Ill be watching ttl's review when i comes out for in depth features on what it can do on air, then 8pack's overview of it on ln2 and thats everything i need to know :).

AMD reference parts are quite good and under water reference 290x's do very well depending on your chip. Most manage quite decent clocks if temps are no issue, my own does 1241/1550 on + 100mv. Might flash to a new bios, i hear the tri-x bios allows +200mv, can anyone confirm?

Back
Top Bottom