• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI GPUs at CES 2014: Massive R9 290X Lightning

There is a liability part where card makers need to attach a stock cooler to verify everything is working before they ship it out. The labor cost of removing the cooler, cleaning up the card and packing it much more carefully is more than the cost of leaving on a stock cooler. It is also easier to get scammed by buyers who can claim the card isn't working when instead they only lost the silicon lottery or something.

Works without a flash. Just tried and bumped up to 1290/1625 for benchmarks.

Good to know, now just need to sort out the cooling on my CPU. I've not had the chance to push the gpu to see what it can do as I've had issues with the cooling of the 4770k, have the ocuk h2flo but was getting 90-100oc under load so currently using the stock cooler until I can afford to go watercooling.

Back
Top Bottom