• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** MSI RX 480 GAMING X 8GB ONLY £212 (AFTER CASHBACK) !! **

Associate
Not that i have noticed no, but then i haven't done an awful lot of gaming since i got the card. Though if what i've read is to be believed it's as much to do with your PSU than it is to the GPU!

I only really noticed it when i was programming with OpenGL on my previous 7950 though, never really in game.

I looked into that, but my PSU is fairly good so I sort of discounted that possibility. My previous GPU not whining also seems to mean it isn't PSU. I could be wrong though.

Associate
I looked into that, but my PSU is fairly good so I sort of discounted that possibility. My previous GPU not whining also seems to mean it isn't PSU. I could be wrong though.

Aye, i don't really understand it all to be honest with you. My PSU is only bronze rated and i haven't noticed any whine, but then i guess it's horses for courses at some point and everyone could have different results.

If its bothering you then i guess RMA it, but you may experience the same thing with a replacement anyway!

gEd

gEd

Associate
I bought my card early december iirc and emailed them a scan of my serial number on 15 december and posted the serial number from the side of the box the same day. never heard back from them. chased them a few weeks ago, nothing. tried calling them, can't get to speak to anyone at all. jumped through loops to open an a/c on the MSI website and opened opened a ticket with My Support 2 days ago, nothign so far. Either OCUK or MSI are in breach of the terms of the purchase I made I believe. Any thoughts from anyone on what to do next in order for me to get my cash back?

Soldato
Either OCUK or MSI are in breach of the terms of the purchase I made I believe. Any thoughts from anyone on what to do next in order for me to get my cash back?
I purchased at the start of Dec and I got a phone call from them last weekend asking me about my bank details because I had left a number off my account number :/ So I assume they are still processing it all.

The phone call sounded like it was from a singular elderly Chinese lady stationed under the stairs, so I'm guessing it's being done with minimal staffing.

gEd

gEd

Associate
I purchased at the start of Dec and I got a phone call from them last weekend asking me about my bank details because I had left a number off my account number :/ So I assume they are still processing it all.
The phone call sounded like it was from a singular elderly Chinese lady stationed under the stairs, so I'm guessing it's being done with minimal staffing.

cheers. I scrolled back through this thread and saw the phone number for them. I will give them a call this week to confirm that my name is on the list.

Associate
I believe most of us are reaching the 12 weeks period, and at least on my case no sign of the rebate, any update on your side guys? Should we start the horse head chopping?

Associate
This is starting to wind me up now. I know £50 isnt the end of the world but im on a tight budget nowadays and would really like my money back. Its not like we havent been patient.

Associate
cheers. I scrolled back through this thread and saw the phone number for them. I will give them a call this week to confirm that my name is on the list.
Where is the phone number? I went through the thread and either missed it or its in one of the links. Help please.

gEd

gEd

Associate
Where is the phone number? I went through the thread and either missed it or its in one of the links. Help please.

That's odd. It looks to me like the post has been removed by a Mod as it was definitely there previously.
Any mod want to fess up and explain?

Soldato

That's odd. It looks to me like the post has been removed by a Mod as it was definitely there previously.
Any mod want to fess up and explain?

I believe most of us are reaching the 12 weeks period, and at least on my case no sign of the rebate, any update on your side guys? Should we start the horse head chopping?

Sorry I should have quoted you prior to posting my above reply but you guys should really try using the email in the above post. When companies are messing you around a letter to the top guy is a good way to get things sorted. I've done it on a couple of occasions and it always works.

Back
Top Bottom