• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** MSI RX 480 GAMING X 8GB ONLY £212 (AFTER CASHBACK) !! **

Associate
For those asking for a price match, I would ask in the pre-sales forum in customer services. If I'm looking at the same price, I doubt they would match it. That's £10 lower than their previous lower price. Goodluck though

Associate
That's what I think so too, but I'd hate leaving my box with a hole just to get the serial number..

I would imagine a high quality picture would do fine. Seems they're gonna scan the QR code. If you're supplying the invoice from OCuk with it, I'm sure they can tell its your card and not a pic from google images.

Edit:

Just tried to claim my "AMD Rewards: Battlefield 1 Deluxe upgrade pack" only to be notified that this promotion expired on November 30th.

However, the webpage where the card is for sale has no mention of expiry.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...cs-card-20-cashback-gx-32j-ms.html#free_items

The card is being offered with a game code which doesn't exist anymore. I'm sure this was just an oversight by OCuk, but am dissapointed that I paid for a card claiming to come with a code, when in reality it doesn't.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
I would imagine a high quality picture would do fine. Seems they're gonna scan the QR code. If you're supplying the invoice from OCuk with it, I'm sure they can tell its your card and not a pic from google images.

Edit:

Just tried to claim my "AMD Rewards: Battlefield 1 Deluxe upgrade pack" only to be notified that this promotion expired on November 30th.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...cs-card-20-cashback-gx-32j-ms.html#free_items

The card is being offered with a game code which don't exist anymore. I'm sure this was just an oversight by OCuk, but am dissapointed that I paid for a card claiming to come with a code, when in reality it doesn't.

That's weird, i redeemed my code for this last night and had no issues doing so at all! That being said, it is just an upgrade code for origin when you buy the game as far as i can tell, i wonder if that code has an expiration..

Associate

Edit:

The card is being offered with a game code which don't exist anymore. I'm sure this was just an oversight by OCuk, but am dissapointed that I paid for a card claiming to come with a code, when in reality it doesn't.

Just had the same problem, the upgrade code for BF1 has expired :(

Associate
Are there any MSI reps on the forum that could clarify what they mean about cutting out the bar code from the box, or how have you handled applying for the rebate?

Also, those with "expired" codes, was it when you attempted to get the code from AMD or when you entered it into Origin/Steam that you found it was expired?

Associate
Are there any MSI reps on the forum that could clarify what they mean about cutting out the bar code from the box, or how have you handled applying for the rebate?

Also, those with "expired" codes, was it when you attempted to get the code from AMD or when you entered it into Origin/Steam that you found it was expired?

Just talked to MSI on the phone, they said you absolutely have to cut the barcode off the box, you can't just take a photo. A shame really.

Associate
Just talked to MSI on the phone, they said you absolutely have to cut the barcode off the box, you can't just take a photo. A shame really.

Haha, that's entirely stupid. Though i guess they're covering their asses of people getting inventive and taking pictures in store and applying for cashback! Guess box mutilation is the only way forward!

Associate
Haha, that's entirely stupid. Though i guess they're covering their asses of people getting inventive and taking pictures in store and applying for cashback! Guess box mutilation is the only way forward!

I even offered to take a picture of my invoice and serial number together, and a video aswell. No exceptions it seems.

Associate

That's ridiculous, can't believe I'm going to have to destroy my box. Plus if this wasn't mentioned here I wouldn't have done it. I also don't understand why we have to email the the claim form as well as physically send one. Surely one or the other should be ok. I'm actually having issues downloading it to my desktop. It won't open in Adobe acrobat DC. Also have no access to a printer so can't scan and print a copy of my invoice. This is becoming a lot of work to simply claim back for an item I clearly bought.

Associate
Yeah, the process is definitely more difficult than it needs to be, way too many hoops to jump through. Think i'll get mine sent off late this week or early next week, hopefully won't have to wait too long after xmas to get the cashback...

Associate
Yeah, the process is definitely more difficult than it needs to be, way too many hoops to jump through. Think i'll get mine sent off late this week or early next week, hopefully won't have to wait too long after xmas to get the cashback...

Event the document that explains the process looks badly made, but that won't stop me from getting my monies back :D

Last edited:
Associate
Aye gotta get that cash money, now just need to shift the old GPU and the free games and it will have almost paid for itself... Almost.

Back
Top Bottom