MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Soldato
This looks like the perfect match for Ryzen CPU's. Really like my Aorus Master but if I was buying today, at the rumoured $200 price point this would be a no brainer.

I've always had MSI motherboards and found them to be very reliable and good value. Unfortunately their first round of X570 board weren't as good as the competition. It seems they are listening to their customers again.

Soldato
why did you get the master over the pro or elite?

I'm an infrequent upgrader so I was looking for a motherboard I would be happy with for a good few years. The Master has a very good VRM, 3 X M.2, should handle a 4950X no problem, most of the connectivity that should last a while. These days I find it's the motherboard features that force an upgrade not the lack of CPU power. Another reason I wanted PCIE 4.0, that won't get saturated for a long time.

Not a cheap motherboard but should carry me through until AM5/6 and DDR5, PCIE 5.0 are quite mature. I'm also planning to go to 4K high refresh at some point which should also give any CPU some extra longevity.

Associate
Seems like a lot of people want this, including myself. Cant we get a confirmed UK price then OCUK can get it up for preordering :)

Hey! I have news regarding X570 Tomahawk's availability. We have a shipping date from factory for this model and it looks like product will hit the shelves around end of May or first week of June :)

Pricing is not done yet :(

Associate
Hey! I have news regarding X570 Tomahawk's availability. We have a shipping date from factory for this model and it looks like product will hit the shelves around end of May or first week of June :)

Pricing is not done yet :(

Hopefully a price will appear soon, do you expect to have stock issues due to the hype its gathering from reviews. Any ideas on total Uk stock landing etc? Push for a price as i'm sure a lot will preorder meaning some early cash for the company during covid :)

Associate
Hopefully a price will appear soon, do you expect to have stock issues due to the hype its gathering from reviews. Any ideas on total Uk stock landing etc? Push for a price as i'm sure a lot will preorder meaning some early cash for the company during covid :)
First batch generally comes with limited quantities but we will frequently update you about the availability date so you can quickly grab one:)

Associate
I am just waiting for this motherboard but I don´t know if I should wait or pick up a different one..I really can´t wait for 1 month more minimum. What you guys would recommend to me ? My set up is the following, Ryzen 3950x, 128gb ram, 5700xt rt red devil, sabrent 1tb nvme 4.0. I´m professional photographer and I have a pegasus r4 thunderbolt with tons of clients pictures in raid and I would like to keep that from my old mac. So the motherboard must be thunderbolt compatible. I will also need suggestions for case, psu and cpu fan. Many thanks !!

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD8Yk7JrBL8

From the video above your probably looking the gigabyte aorus elite or higher to be comparable. I'm in same situation I'd be happy even if we can get a confirmed price then wait.

The 3300x was $120 and available now for £114, and the rumoured price for the board is $200 so should equate to about £190

However if low stocks and the reviews could demand a premium.

@MSIUK Support please give us a price , pretty please

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD8Yk7JrBL8

From the video above your probably looking the gigabyte aorus elite or higher to be comparable. I'm in same situation I'd be happy even if we can get a confirmed price then wait.

The 3300x was $120 and available now for £114, and the rumoured price for the board is $200 so should equate to about £190

However if low stocks and the reviews could demand a premium.

@MSIUK Support please give us a price , pretty please

Hi!,

We expect X570 Tomahawk's price roughly at £219.99 inc VAT. However, price is not set in stone yet and subject to change.

Associate
enjoyed the hardware unboxed video so may well use this as my board for my new build, bit more expensive than I initially thought it might be though.

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Hi,

At the moment the product is not setup on our system meaning we are still waiting for the full details. We will have the product up online a little closer to the end of the month I would imagine.

Back
Top Bottom