MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Associate
The original Tomahawk performed very well and had excellent VRM's for under a £100 by the way.
...and it's still that price. The trouble is it's chip-set is old tech so you're not going to buy that when a x570 is more upgraditis enticing. Prices are high right now and x570's in that range are all in the ~£200 range, including the £210 Aorus Elite (tech wise is about as like-for-like as you'll get) minus the wifi6.

Another thing, which I found appealing, you would still need to buy a £35-£40 wifi extender with the elite, but that's on board with the tomahawk, there's no other motherboard in the £200 bracket with that. So £220-35 = £185, which is pretty good value.

I ended up with a MSI Unify in the end for £275 because i didnt want to wait for the tomahawk.

Associate
...and it's still that price. The trouble is it's chip-set is old tech so you're not going to buy that when a x570 is more upgraditis enticing. Prices are high right now and x570's in that range are all in the ~£200 range, including the £210 Aorus Elite (tech wise is about as like-for-like as you'll get) minus the wifi6.

Another thing, which I found appealing, you would still need to buy a £35-£40 wifi extender with the elite, but that's on board with the tomahawk, there's no other motherboard in the £200 bracket with that. So £220-35 = £185, which is pretty good value.

I ended up with a MSI Unify in the end for £275 because i didnt want to wait for the tomahawk.

I don´t know what to do. I´m in same situation don´t know if wait or buy something similar. Does the unify have thunderbolt heather connector ? I think the tomahawk it does and I need this yes or yes.

Associate
I think the tomahawk it does and I need this yes or yes.
Go find a comparison page? There's a lot of youtube vids on the unify, it's very cool if overclocking is your thing because of the aforementioned VRMs (which are the same as those on the £330 MSI ACE).

Unify has a usb3.2 type 2 type C connector so yes it can take a thunderbolt 3 connection.

Associate
Go find a comparison page? There's a lot of youtube vids on the unify, it's very cool if overclocking is your thing because of the aforementioned VRMs (which are the same as those on the £330 MSI ACE).

Unify has a usb3.2 type 2 type C connector so yes it can take a thunderbolt 3 connection.

Frustin, I have been reading reviews for two weeks minimum. The tomahawk is impressive for the price is just the waiting game what is killing me having a 3950x and a 5700xt just sitting at home... A usb3.2 type 2 type C connector as you say do not necessarily mean that it support thunderbolt... Use same connector but a thunderbold one will allow you tu usb thunderbolt and usb devices but not works in the other way, a USB 3.2 type C if if do not have thuderbolt chip in is just a USB connector..make sense ?

Soldato

Ah, maybe I have mis-judged it, on second look it does look a very good board and with wi-fi included and very good VRM's.

Associate
Hopefully just 3 more weeks to go then...

Reckon the gen pop boards will match the performance of what I can only assume were engineering samples that all the tech channels have been reviewing?

Soldato
Hopefully just 3 more weeks to go then...

Reckon the gen pop boards will match the performance of what I can only assume were engineering samples that all the tech channels have been reviewing?

Be interesting to see this go against b550 Master with straight 14 phases (no doubles ) . Believe they are 55a DrMos like z490 . X570 Toma is 6 60amos doubled ?
Have feeling though late June .

Associate
X570 Toma is 6 60amos doubled
6x phase doublers with 12x 60A power stages

For those that dont know/are interested: The idea of phase doublers and power stages is about delivering power, while trading off accurate voltage control without producing more heat, at the same time keeping the cost down on more expensive components.

Soldato
6x phase doublers with 12x 60A power stages

For those that dont know/are interested: The idea of phase doublers and power stages is about delivering power, while trading off accurate voltage control without producing more heat, at the same time keeping the cost down on more expensive components.

Damn, dead on arrival . Specially if flagship b550 packaging same WiFi and higher LAN ports. Seems taichi and Master rocking triple m.2 as well.

720amps of the Toma from doublers Vs 770anos straight from the Master ... Going to be fun. Unsure of Taichi but think Asus have (2x8) 50/60amps in parallel.

No idea why MSI released this board so late, all vendors know sales of x570 will be eaten, specially with high end b550, only being topped by £350+ flagship boards .
Hope MSI just add B550 chipset to this x570 Toma board and don't lower is down in spec

*** Side not, parallel and doublers can come in handy for budget as well as flagship. Z490 flagships rocking 90amps use doublers, Aorus have when their lessor boards using direct. Just due to the high amp rating

Associate
North American and Canadian retailers have started listing the boards on their sites. $USD prices vary between $230-260. The higher with current exchange rate being closed to the hinted price of £219.99 buy the MSI rep. Just wish they could confirm prices so at least we can get preorders in

Hi!,
We expect X570 Tomahawk's price roughly at £219.99 inc VAT. However, price is not set in stone yet and subject to change.

Not too bad considering the Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus WiFi is now retailing at £250.
But I guess what we really need is MSI B550 Tomahawk with an decent spec and low price.

But looking at GBP prices in general everything seams to be getting more expensive by the day.
Glad I built my PCs last year.

Soldato
MSI needed this out at launch , B550 will eat into its sales. If B550 Toma doesn't have 10 phase design, MSI will lose the sale/design to others . Actually think b550 Toma will come out with equal specs

Associate
Czech site £226

@Gibbo Stick it up for preorder please, create a placeholder price and then if higher when stock lands give people 48 hours to pay the difference to secure their purchase, or if lower then do refunds. @MSIUK Support please do some pushing on confirming price, if stock has already left the factory its strange that pricing hasn't been confirmed

still not showing the product on the uk.msi.com page but its showing on the de.msi.com

Last edited:
Associate
Czech site £226

@Gibbo Stick it up for preorder please, create a placeholder price and then if higher when stock lands give people 48 hours to pay the difference to secure their purchase, or if lower then do refunds. @MSIUK Support please do some pushing on confirming price, if stock has already left the factory its strange that pricing hasn't been confirmed

still not showing the product on the uk.msi.com page but its showing on the de.msi.com

Hey everyone, thanks for your patience! We can confirm that X570 Tomahawk will be launched at £219.99 including VAT. Timeline is also not changed, in fact, end of May is a higher probability than the first week of June.

Back
Top Bottom