MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Associate
Up to you. It is a cracking motherboard at a great price point. I couldn't wait any longer as my current PC is ancient and have all other parts here since 2 weeks ago.

Caporegime
Sorely tempted to get the x570 taichi, more than good enough, available and 3 m.2 slots too.
It's £320 so a completely different price bracket. Why not go for the MSI X570 Unify that is £20 cheaper at £300? That's what I did and I don'tr regret it for one second... paying the £60 extra to actually have a working system was well worth it otherwise I would have been waiting literally weeks and there is no way that is worth saving £60... enjoying my free time is worth more than a couple of measly quid per day of waiting! :)

Associate
Hi guys,
I managed to get my hands on a little bit of extra stock last week which is where some of your shipments came from. There are a few pre-orders "in limbo" as Gav eloquently put it due to stock issues on other items. If your order is amongst these and you don't need the out of stock items to finish your build/upgrade then I'd recommend speaking to our customer service guys to split the order.

I've been given some good news and my direct factory order is due to be shipped a little over a week early so they should be here within two weeks. I'd like to get all pre-orders cleared off before that batch sells out.

Any idea on an ETA for these?

Rup

Rup

Associate
It's £320 so a completely different price bracket. Why not go for the MSI X570 Unify that is £20 cheaper at £300? That's what I did and I don'tr regret it for one second... paying the £60 extra to actually have a working system was well worth it otherwise I would have been waiting literally weeks and there is no way that is worth saving £60... enjoying my free time is worth more than a couple of measly quid per day of waiting! :)

You can get it for about the Unify's price if you look in the right place. Also it's what Gibbo & 8pack recommend. Whoever they are :)

Associate
I assume I am number 52 as I ordered straight away after speaking to the sales guy, so you must be much lower number than me ;) . I am wondering if i should cancel and buy something else, fancy the unify but its £80 more. Any one know if the asus strix e is any good.

Caporegime
You can get it for about the Unify's price if you look in the right place. Also it's what Gibbo & 8pack recommend. Whoever they are :)
The Taichi is one of several decent boards in the price range, a copetent all-rounder, it's nothing 'special' at all as reading many reviews would show. Buy it or the Unify, it doesn't make much difference, just make a decision and get your build on.

I ordered mine on..... 13th of June. Though to be fair I'm also waiting on a Monitor Pre Order.

What madness is this that you would wait over a month for an order that allows you to build a PC just to save on a pittance of postage costs (assuming it wasn't free postage, in which case this would be sheer unbridled muppetry)? Separate the orders!

Associate
The Taichi is one of several decent boards in the price range, a copetent all-rounder, it's nothing 'special' at all as reading many reviews would show. Buy it or the Unify, it doesn't make much difference, just make a decision and get your build on.

What madness is this that you would wait over a month for an order that allows you to build a PC just to save on a pittance of postage costs (assuming it wasn't free postage, in which case this would be sheer unbridled muppetry)? Separate the orders!

Its the motherboard. How much of a PC can i build without one of those? Its a full build, not a few spare parts. I'm upgrading from a 10yr old machine so starting from scratch. Because of the size of the order i'm paying for it on finance and I was told that finance orders can't be split and i don't wanna mess around cancelling/reordering at this point.

Soldato
Sensible to wait, if you're after 32inch sammy also, it hopefully won't be too much longer, the build will last you 10 years if you want it to, so worth a weeks wait.

Caporegime
Its the motherboard. How much of a PC can i build without one of those? Its a full build, not a few spare parts. I'm upgrading from a 10yr old machine so starting from scratch. Because of the size of the order i'm paying for it on finance and I was told that finance orders can't be split and i don't wanna mess around cancelling/reordering at this point.
I see, and in that case it sheds a different light on the information you previously provided which clearly made it sound like you had ordered the board and the monitor and were waiting on the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom