MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Caporegime
extra pump connectors as i have 2 loops in my pc, also tsensors on it and i like the post debug thingy. probably not worth the 70 quid extra but i like asus anyway and it has good reviews ;)
Don't stress about the £70 if you can afford it... in the end a motherboard should do everything you want it to do and it's usually one of the longest life components in your PC so you do get good value from it vs a lot of other things we spend (and waste) money on. :)

Associate
Just wondering on everyone's opinion, is it worth buying the X570 tomahawk now and then get the 4000 series CPU when they come out or just buy both when the new CPU comes out?

Associate
Just wondering on everyone's opinion, is it worth buying the X570 tomahawk now and then get the 4000 series CPU when they come out or just buy both when the new CPU comes out?

Im buying the board now with a 3600 then upgrading the cpu to the 4000 series later I’ve been on a z97 with a 4790k for years so this motherboard upgrade will last years as it has all the next gen console features like pci-e 4 for fast storage ect.

Soldato
Im buying the board now with a 3600 then upgrading the cpu to the 4000 series later I’ve been on a z97 with a 4790k for years so this motherboard upgrade will last years as it has all the next gen console features like pci-e 4 for fast storage ect.

exactly what i did
moved from an i7 920 to the equivalent xeon5650, and from there to a 3600, delighted, absolutely delighted.
likely will drop in a 4000 at some point, but given how happy I am with the 3600 (for £157) I might just wait a while

Associate
exactly what i did
moved from an i7 920 to the equivalent xeon5650, and from there to a 3600, delighted, absolutely delighted.
likely will drop in a 4000 at some point, but given how happy I am with the 3600 (for £157) I might just wait a while
and exactly what i have done too.

Associate
Yeah mine just got added to my order. Exactly 1 month after i ordered it (13th of June) my full build is now on its way lol

Rup

Rup

Associate
yup mine shiped today. £10 more than elsewhere but cant be bothered to wait.
Anyway need to suppport OCUK else rainforest would be monopoly.

Associate
I got a 3300X, Tomahawk X570 and 16gigs of Crucial with the plan to build an ok rig this year and then upgrade to Zen 3 when it arrives.

the 3600 would have been a better balanced purchase for my needs but it was an extra 40 squid for a temp CPU.

If you need a new computer and you will make good use of it, there’s no reason to wait. There will always be something new coming out down the road.

look at Intel. They launched the 1200 socket and have recently confirmed that the 1700 socket is also coming out

is the 1700 pin socket an HEDT part?

Soldato
No its the gen after they upgrade the current gen.
Standard Intel.
The fact the current socket will manage to take another chip is what makes it slightly different from standard intel.

Associate
No its the gen after they upgrade the current gen.
Standard Intel.
The fact the current socket will manage to take another chip is what makes it slightly different from standard intel.

I don’t know if socket 1700 would put people off upgrading, I doubt it because if you need the upgrade then socket 1200 or AM4 is fine, but it’s odd to have it announced so soon.

Associate
Considering ordering one of these and a cheap cpu then upgrade to Ryzen 4000 series when they're released.

But, does anyone know if AMD will be releasing X670 motherboards?

I don't NEED to upgrade right now. So I can wait if there will be a benefit in that respect.

Associate
Considering ordering one of these and a cheap cpu then upgrade to Ryzen 4000 series when they're released.

But, does anyone know if AMD will be releasing X670 motherboards?

I don't NEED to upgrade right now. So I can wait if there will be a benefit in that respect.

Do you need the upgrade?
Can you afford the upgrade?
Does the upgrade provide a substantial performance increase or allow you access to required features?

I'd imagine AMD will release X670 alongside Zen3 but I can't imagine it being much more feature rich than X570.

If you don't need a new mb or cpu I'd wait.

Back
Top Bottom