MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Soldato
Hi guys,

Some questions;

Where are you getting your Realtek audio/lan drivers from, the ones on MSI are current by the looks? And the Realtek website isn't great for accessibility, never has been though :D

I have a Corsair H100x, are there any mobo settings on this board that optimise it, I've seen threads before that appear to state there are different ways of managing AIO coolers through the bios but I've never investigated on the x570.

Cheers!

Associate
Hi guys,

Some questions;

Where are you getting your Realtek audio/lan drivers from, the ones on MSI are current by the looks? And the Realtek website isn't great for accessibility, never has been though :D

I have a Corsair H100x, are there any mobo settings on this board that optimise it, I've seen threads before that appear to state there are different ways of managing AIO coolers through the bios but I've never investigated on the x570.

Cheers!
Can't really help with sound drivers. I am running with the default win 10 drivers at the moment as they seem to work fine and "if it's not broken..." etc.
I am maybe missing features the realtek drivers might bring. Would be interested to know if anyone installed them and what the benefits are.

Regarding h100x. I know there is a header for water cooler and it has it's own fan curve to play with, but beyond that I always stick to air cooling. So, again I am probably not much use

Soldato
The default W10/MSI network drivers gave me weird issues with online gaming while I had a video/stream running at the same time, but grabbing the latest ones off the Realtek site fixed it.

As for audio, no issues with the W10 ones so far.

Associate
I have just replaced my graphics card and monitor since I finally got my 3080. Before that I was running HDMI out of a GTX 1060. I am now running Display Port into the new monitor.
I have noticed on startup that I get 3 beeps, then the normal POST beep (which needs to be enabled in BIOS, default is off).
The PC then boots perfectly normally so not sure what the beeps mean. They don't sound quite like normal post beeps - seem a bit quick to me.
I plan to update the BIOS to 1.7 (currently 1.72 beta) and see if that has any effect since it resets CMOS to defaults.
If anyone knows what it is before I contact MSI please let me know.

EDIT: Just noticed a Win10 notification that the displayport device might not be fully supported. I expect thats something to do with it. Maybe a driver issue. The monitor is a Samsung Odyssey G7 32" and I installed the drivers from the Samsung site. Things seem to run fine even at 2580x1440 240Hz so I expect its a warning rather than an error but if anyone has this monitor you may know better :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Might be a long wait! :p
Ha! Probably.

Maybe I should just bring it up to the latest stable version anyway.
We're building my brother's PC tomorrow and will be opening mine up to switch out GPU. May as well do the BIOS update while we are faffing.

Soldato
Interestingly, my up-to-date Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1165 DOESN'T allow me to install the latest Chipset Driver 2.17.25.506 X570 Drivers & Support | AMD saying that only on AMD systems the installation would be permitted :cry: :confused: WTH?

Installs fine on mine you must have been messing with something :p Only get that message on my Intel laptop.

If you are desperate to install extract with 7z and run the .exe from the packages folder.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Installs fine on mine you must have been messing with something :p Only get that message on my Intel laptop.

If you are desperate to install extract with 7z and run the .exe from the packages folder.

Thank you, tomorrow evening when I see my computer again I will give it a try. Thanks.

Associate
Can you report your results @4K8KW10 ?
I have resisted upgrading from 20H1 since everything seems OK and I like to give any new versions of Windows a few weeks/months to get the bugs fixed :)

Back
Top Bottom