MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Permabanned
Well that sux!
Sounds like that needs reporting as a bug on the MSI site. I have always found MSI look into these things and fix them.

Is there any way to tell the Windows that the system is all AMD based and that it's wrong?

How is it possible that it returns a message that the system is not AMD-based?
It is absolutely ridiculous!

Associate
If you look at device manager and the description of the CPU I expect windows already knows its AMD. It would be interesting to know how it even boots if this is not the case!
It will be some call to check the CPU in the MSI driver installation that is not working quite right so it's MSI that need to check properly and fix the driver.
Incidentally, are you using a recent BIOS - maybe if its an older one, that might cause it too, depending on how MSI's detection routine works.

Permabanned
No, not at all. Because wccftech.com are absolutely noted for directing people to fake UEFI firmware packages and MSI boards are notorious for letting you install them.

Either get better at reading sarcasm, or get better at writing sarcasm.

Not sure if trolling or being serious :rolleyes:

So, have you installed the new BIOS from the link which is not uploaded at MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI | RETURN TO HONOR (msi.com) just yet? How does it work? Everything fine?

Soldato
Not sure if trolling or being serious :rolleyes:

So, have you installed the new BIOS from the link which is not uploaded at MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI | RETURN TO HONOR (msi.com) just yet? How does it work? Everything fine?

Read the comments on wccftech.com. People have installed the bios listed there but it seems unless you running Windows 11 there isn't much point as you just seem to be getting tpm and secure boot enable by default

Permabanned
Read the comments on wccftech.com. People have installed the bios listed there but it seems unless you running Windows 11 there isn't much point as you just seem to be getting tpm and secure boot enable by default

It's very painful to read that comments section. It's the trolls' lair over there.

I will unfortunately have to update to Windows 11 on the launch day, and hopefully the new BIOS will be uploaded on the official support page, after all.
MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI | RETURN TO HONOR (msi.com)

I have two problems right now.
- cannot install AMD's chipset driver X570 Drivers & Support | AMD - there is a message that my configuration is not all-AMD-based, which is a lie;
- higher risk of random crashes causing restarts.

Soldato
It's very painful to read that comments section. It's the trolls' lair over there.

I will unfortunately have to update to Windows 11 on the launch day, and hopefully the new BIOS will be uploaded on the official support page, after all.

- cannot install AMD's chipset driver X570 Drivers & Support | AMD - there is a message that my configuration is not all-AMD-based, which is a lie;

Why do you have to install Windows 11? You can still your current bios, you just have to enable TPM and secure boot where as in the bios above its enable by default. Have you done a fresh install of Windows? I installed the latest chipset drivers the other day without issue.

Permabanned
Why do you have to install Windows 11? You can still your current bios, you just have to enable TPM and secure boot where as in the bios above its enable by default. Have you done a fresh install of Windows? I installed the latest chipset drivers the other day without issue.

I will update to Windows 11 as soon as it gets available via my Windows Update.

AMD Chipset Driver version 3.09.01.140 from 13 September is now available for download.
X570 Drivers & Support | AMD

Soldato

the chipset driver thing can only be a problem with your OS something you have fiddled with or installed has altered a registry value(s) that the installer uses to determine the system specs, might even be the old environment variables depending on the packager.

Soldato
Anyone having any sound issues on the latest MSI drivers? I'm getting a very irritating, at low volume, buzz/crackle out of the left speaker in my Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 setup.

Has anyone got the previous to current driver available or happen to know where I might find it? Thought I might test that out. Although I suspect the speakers... I've tried re-seating all of the wires etc., but I still get the noise.

Soldato
Anyone having any sound issues on the latest MSI drivers? I'm getting a very irritating, at low volume, buzz/crackle out of the left speaker in my Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 setup.

Has anyone got the previous to current driver available or happen to know where I might find it? Thought I might test that out. Although I suspect the speakers... I've tried re-seating all of the wires etc., but I still get the noise.

I've always had the low volume cracking and popping on mine. Creative Pebble V2. On all BIOS versions i have had since October / November last year

Soldato
I updated to the new version launched 2 days ago, all seems grand, had to reenter my data for core offset but seems to be functioning well. CB23 pretty much as it was before, potentially a slight improvement, but more likely run to run variation.

Its all Win11 ready now, the TPM2 seems activated by auto in this update.

Back
Top Bottom