MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Associate
Yes thank you , but once again the power table is broken in Ryzen Master and ZenTimings ...

In AIDA64 no problem with the CPU temp .

PS : i have a 3300X

Soldato
Anyone had issues with restricted lan port speed?

I have 1gig virgin Internet but all speed tests cap at around 210mbps.

Previous pc hit 900mbps+ with same network equipment. Only the pc is new. I've got the latest realtek drivers installed for the ethernet from the msi site.

Soldato

Previous pc hit 900mbps+ with same network equipment. Only the pc is new. I've got the latest realtek drivers installed for the ethernet from the msi site.

I have had a similar issue and also on VM but 350mps. Occasionally the port will revert to 100mps up and down even though it was set to auto. I got the latest drivers from realteks site and it hasn't happened in a long time now so hoping it's fixed.
When it happened only unplugging the cat cable from the mb allows it to return to normal speed because it must renegotiate speed.

Check what speed your ethernet port is currently running at.

Associate
Running a 3900X (stock) with 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws (3600 Mhz @ XMP) on this board.
Updated to 7C84v16, ran Realbench for 15 minutes and played an hour of Warzone. No crashes, no errors.

Note: I always clear my CMOS by jumping JBAT before upgrading BIOS.

Associate
Had 1 of these boards and didn't have a single issue with it, ran a 5800x no problems and it's by far the best board for its price

If it wasn't for the poor RGB and RGB integrations I would have kept it, move onto an Asus Dark Hero now

Associate
Am I stupid for getting this board just because it has good USB-C options (don't really care to overclock but may try it, plan to use a 5900X)? Seems so hard to get a decent AMD mobo with good amount of USB C stuff compared to intel mobo's.

Soldato

Have you dragon centre installed?
If so, make sure within it LANMANAGER is switched off, as this borks network speeds.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Just tried my front USB ports (Phanteks Evolv X) for the first time... left USB-A working fine; right one is detecting external HDD and showing up in explorer, but not loading files/folders; and the USB-C port seems totally dead.

Might this be my case, or is this the X570 USB bug?

Bump... can anyone offer advice on my query, please?

Associate
Weird bug: I can see a PCIE_1 temperature in the hardware monitor section of the BIOS, but I cannot select it as a temperature source for a smart fan curve. Is this normal? (only options there are CPU, System, MOS and something else).

Associate
Weird bug: I can see a PCIE_1 temperature in the hardware monitor section of the BIOS, but I cannot select it as a temperature source for a smart fan curve. Is this normal? (only options there are CPU, System, MOS and something else).
Which BIOS are you running. I only run the fan curves off the CPU at the moment on BIOS 1.6 but can't confirm what you are seeing till I get home in a couple of days. Someone here will be able to confirm I expect.

Associate
Is that necessary? As part of the bios update it wipes all the settings anyway. And to perform the update, it seems to boot into a separate little tool anyway.

I guess no harm doing it.
I am not sure it does clear all settings on a BIOS update. Certainly when I updated to 1.6 it retained the RGB settings, which I am sure it wiped on some previous BIOS updates. So, who knows what else it is not clearing.

Associate
I do like this :

- reset to BIOS default settings
- Reboot
- M-Flash 1.50-->1.60 ( by example )
- Reboot

- and repeat , so double flashing :D

Is it better ? IDK but it works :)

Back
Top Bottom