MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

@Robbie_G excited about getting my board..so to kill the time while we wait. I'm intrigued to know how many units you are getting and how many preorders, just curious to see how popular the board is :)

Also any update on the stock ETA? Cheers

We currently have 57 pre-orders of this motherboard. We have 100 on order at the moment but we are not sure on what allocation we will get on the first batch run from MSI. Hopefully we will know shortly.

We currently have 57 pre-orders of this motherboard. We have 100 on order at the moment but we are not sure on what allocation we will get on the first batch run from MSI. Hopefully we will know shortly.

Well the MSI rep top me that OCUK are getting 4x Their Original Allocation due to this thread and because of the deal you have done. OCUK are the only UK company to my knowledge and (googles xD) to be doing preorders, it would be silly if MSI didn't supply stock for all preorders because if the 2nd batch doesn't arrive before B550 people will probably cancel and go for cheaper alternatives.

@MSIUK Support any updates on stock eta....57 of us are impatient xD …. I'll have to wait 24 hours more than most.. Northern Ireland 2 days delivery sucks :(

Hey! Can't wait for this mobo to start my first build. What's OCUK's Pre-order price policy? Do they price-match/reduce such as Amazon would?
Don't think they have one. They occasionally do pre-order discounts but I doubt the price will go down prior to launch.

Cool, thank you. Pre ordered! Now to pick RAM. What is everyone else opting for?

Depends how much you want to spend. Currently 16GB 3600MHz would be sufficient. Crucial Ballistix is popular. I've gone for 8 Pack Ripped 3600MHz C14 stuff but that's B die and more expensive. Looking ahead if we get FCLK of 2000 4000MHz RAM might be worthwhile. Lots of choices :)

Just pre-ordered one. Doing a refresh of my current setup (in my sig) - I've had my RAM at 3733MHz in a friend's PC, going to pair it with a 3600X that I got a good deal on. Fingers crossed that I'm not waiting months for the motherboard! :eek::(:D

Depends how much you want to spend. Currently 16GB 3600MHz would be sufficient. Crucial Ballistix is popular. I've gone for 8 Pack Ripped 3600MHz C14 stuff but that's B die and more expensive. Looking ahead if we get FCLK of 2000 4000MHz RAM might be worthwhile. Lots of choices :)
No need to overpay buying the expensive 4000mhz ram kits when even the cheaper binned 3200/14 should do 4000+ with no problems.

from the product page of this kit.
  • Low CAS latencies of 14-14-14-31 & up to 4500 MHz guaranteed memory clocks
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

That's why I went with this kit at the time knowing if fabric clocks increase with zen 3 I'd be covered. Currently running it @3800/16 @1.42v and I'm pretty sure it will do 4000/16 giving that there's plenty of voltage still left in the tank.

No need to overpay buying the expensive 4000mhz ram kits when even the cheaper binned 3200/14 should do 4000+ with no problems.

from the product page of this kit.
  • Low CAS latencies of 14-14-14-31 & up to 4500 MHz guaranteed memory clocks
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-08l-tg.html

That's why I went with this kit at the time knowing if fabric clocks increase with zen 3 I'd be covered. Currently running it @3800/16 @1.42v and I'm pretty sure it will do 4000/16 giving that there's plenty of voltage still left in the tank.

Good point.

b33d6ebd5534c1a7963d9cc0d7540ff49aed941c6af1fedf89a946fd25f6cec8.jpg
creepy-girlfriend-meme-has-it-arrived-yet-what-about-now
creepy-girlfriend-meme-has-it-arrived-yet-what-about-now

Great, thanks! I'd settled on 16GB of 3600MHz. But like you say, lots of choice! Haha

Back
Top Bottom