MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

@MSIUK Support @ScottiB any updates on ETA? we 57 preorderers xD want to get our rigs built lol :)
They have been shipped, they are in Hong Kong atm..how long they take to get here from there though is unpredictable

oh & it's a lot more than 57 now, I'm beginning to wonder if I was right to expect that I'd have free stock. At the current rate they'll all be sold in 4-5 days

They have been shipped, they are in Hong Kong atm..how long they take to get here from there though is unpredictable

oh & it's a lot more than 57 now, I'm beginning to wonder if I was right to expect that I'd have free stock. At the current rate they'll all be sold in 4-5 days

@ScottiB well considering OCUK are the only UK company with them up for preorder I would guess that they will go onto backorder due to quantities. If MSI have released pricing to competitors and they have chosen not to do preorders, then it would be in MSI's best interest for customer satisfaction to supply OCUK with stock for all preorders and then divide up any remaining stock between the rest.

Its also evident that even you are shocked at the volume of preorders, so maybe a renegotiation of stock quantities for "UK Exclusive" for the launch batch to drive the cost down further if possible ;)

Well according to MR Google 6-11Days is the average time for Airfreight from hongkong to UK so, only issue would be if not landed before B550 then i'd guess for a lot of cancellations, myself included to swap to the Aorus B550

Thanks for the update. So is the 3rd realistic? Not sure how long shipments usually take.

Thanks for the update. So is the 3rd realistic? Not sure how long shipments usually take.

Deal was done on the 18th May to take stock directly from the factory, 10 days later stock has only made from Taiwan which is at most a 24hour journey via boat/road. If beign air freight to the UK then its possible the 3rd could be done if it leaves today, ScottiB might know the transport method. In my own mind its not looking likely but if I get an email to say dispatched next week i'll be more than happy.

Deal was done on the 18th May to take stock directly from the factory, 10 days later stock has only made from Taiwan which is at most a 24hour journey via boat/road. If beign air freight to the UK then its possible the 3rd could be done if it leaves today, ScottiB might know the transport method. In my own mind its not looking likely but if I get an email to say dispatched next week i'll be more than happy.
It's UPS air, and whilst I did the deal on the 18th they weren't due to leave the factory until the 22nd. I don't think MSI shipped on time tbh but the stock currently appears to be "stuck" in Hong Kong since yesterday but I won't know more until tmrw since it's 10:30PM there right now. Generally it's about 5-7 days transit time when I do similar deals with Gigabyte.

This is why, as I said at the time, I don't like giving ETAs on stock which isn't in the UK. Too many pairs of hands involved between factory and our warehouse.

It's UPS air, and whilst I did the deal on the 18th they weren't due to leave the factory until the 22nd. I don't think MSI shipped on time tbh but the stock currently appears to be "stuck" in Hong Kong since yesterday but I won't know more until tmrw since it's 10:30PM there right now. Generally it's about 5-7 days transit time when I do similar deals with Gigabyte.

This is why, as I said at the time, I don't like giving ETAs on stock which isn't in the UK. Too many pairs of hands involved between factory and our warehouse.

Don't worry matey :) we aren't blaming you at all, you gave us the warning so we can only blame ourselves xD , I think myself and @Spikey are just so over keen as we have all all other parts sitting useless at the minute (ive no other gaming rig :( ) when it arrives any chance I can have my delivery upgraded to RM next day (instead of crappy dpd 2day) to northern Ireland xD

Given what is leaking out regarding b550 pricing anybody looking for a decent board will not do better than this x570 Tomahawk.

If MSI get the bios and availability right this is an absolute winner.

Don't worry matey :) we aren't blaming you at all, you gave us the warning so we can only blame ourselves xD , I think myself and @Spikey are just so over keen as we have all all other parts sitting useless at the minute (ive no other gaming rig :( ) when it arrives any chance I can have my delivery upgraded to RM next day (instead of crappy dpd 2day) to northern Ireland xD

This. Thanks for @ScottiB for keeping us updated. I can't wait to get my hands on the board, reviews have been very favourable, looks like a return to form for MSI. :)

I didn't think we had a RM option for a 2KG motherboard? (you'd probably know better than me) If there is one you'll need to sort it out with our sales guys.

Cheers for the update @ScottiB :)

Hi All

I’m new to the forums and could use some input, please.

I’m in two minds about ordering the X570 Tomahawk.

I’ve got a TX650M PSU, an AMD 3300X and 16gigs of Crucial 3200CL16 E-Die as a start. Haven’t decided on a GPU yet (probably an AMD 5700).

I want to get a Panteks P400A as a chassis with a view to upgrade to a Zen 3 CPU next year.

I could get a B450 motherboard which would suffice but I’d actually like to play it safe and get a B550 or a X570 board.

The X570 Tomahawk is a bit out of my budget at £218 but it’s quality. Should I just bite the bullet and get it?

@JollyJamma - I would say that if you can stretch your budget to it then this board is a great option, especially as far as future-proofing goes for Zen3 (especially the higher core-count options) down the line. But the B550 boards are just around the corner as well, some of them look great and depending on pricing they could be well worth looking at. How soon did you want to build?

@JollyJamma - I would say that if you can stretch your budget to it then this board is a great option, especially as far as future-proofing goes for Zen3 (especially the higher core-count options) down the line. But the B550 boards are just around the corner as well, some of them look great and depending on pricing they could be well worth looking at. How soon did you want to build?
You raise a good point about when I'm looking to build.

I have an Asus FX505GM laptop that's a pile of trash. i7 8750 and a 1060 6gig but it's so badly made that it's falling to pieces. If that implodes, I'll ask for a work computer as a replacement but I really don't want to be down for long.

I'm preemptively building a rig. ETA is by the end of the year. I'm guessing from that that I should wait and see what the B550 boards have to offer. I just know the X570 Tomahawk is very good value for money and has all the features I need/want.

I'd rather have the PCi-e 4.0 interconnect in case Zen 3 has a performance uplift from it. I've only ever had one decent motherboard before this (it was the Z77 M-Power which I got because my boggo standard Z68 motherboard imploded) and I'd like to have another decent board that's my first good system in ages.

Yes, I'm rocking a 3300X right now but I'd like to move to an 8 core 16 thread CPU later on. I think I would be a fool to buy a B450 board right now.

Back
Top Bottom