MSI's X570 Tomahawk May Become Go-To OC Board??

Really thinking of ordering this board, any reasons not to? What are the main pro's over other boards? Looking to pair with a 3900x. If I pre-order on sunday will I still likely get one in the first batch? Thanks!

Hi,

We are unable to do a deal on the cooler as the price is about to go up due to stock been more expensive. I will leave this till Friday to give you chance to order if you want that cooler.

The ETA on the pure rock 2 black is 10th June. The pure rock standard should be here anytime now.
thank you, including to MSI chap for the pre-order.

@MSIUK Support Hi there, what is the situation in regards to the B450 series boards, will they support Zen 3 CPU's? Abit miffed as I ordered an MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX on 23 March 2020 and not even used it yet, but no Zen 3 support?

I was going to go for the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max WIFI, which I enquired about on 19 Match 2020 in OcUK Product suggestions, but with the Coronavirus going on it appeared somewhat delayed due to component shortages etc, so ended up with the Tomahawk Max.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I would have just jumped on X570 in the first place if I had known or waited out B550, I just ended up wasting £100 on a board with no future compatability. I'll probally end up pre-ordering an MSI X570 Tomahawk, and continue my support for MSI, but can't say I am very happy with the current situation in regards to Zen 3 compatability with the board I recently bought.

Last edited:
Let's see. Compatibility is not physical so it'll come down to whether AMD will enable it in microcode.

VRM limitations could be an issue though.

Let's see. Compatibility is not physical so it'll come down to whether AMD will enable it in microcode.

VRM limitations could be an issue though.

Agreed. Personally, if I were buying new now and thinking of a Zen 3 upgrade path, I'd be sticking to X570 and B550.

AMD to support Zen 3 and Ryzen 4000 CPUs on B450 and X470 Motherboards

AMD Announcement:

‘We’ve heard our audience, and we understand the concerns. We are going to work out a way to support Zen 3 on our 400-series chipsets between now and launch – we’re still working out the what and the how, but we will update you closer to Zen 3 launch’.

They're working on it and should hopefully have it working for launch, which is around 6 months away.

What time does the new list of "This Week Only" deals usually drop on Wednesday?

I can see the same stuff as yesterday is still displayed, but at non-discounted prices now.

Hoping to place the pre-order shortly (within the two day window), but just wanted to see what else is on offer for my build before I drop the cash...

Back
Top Bottom