Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Don
Well, I've had quite a result with my X5 repair. DJI have agreed to replace it FoC!

The invoice lists:
Replacement X5 @ £1250
Discount @ -£1250
Total cost: £0

I guess my tweets at DJI-Europe, DJI-Global, and DJI-Support expressing my displeasure at having an expensive camera brick itself due to a FW upgrade that DJI mandated I apply, were effective.

Soldato
Now equipped to terrorise the family on holiday! :p

Sparky.jpeg

Soldato
Hi Guys. I have been getting to grips with the Mavic Pro over the last few weeks. Working on a project recently over at Dunham Massey which as a national trust park in Cheshire. A couple of early starts to make sure I got in the park before the families. I wasn't going for huge aerial shots, as I wanted to try and get a little closer to nature and the deer. Shot in 4K edited in Premier Pro. Welcome your feedback on the video, still a LOT to learn about the Mavic and Premier Pro.

Soldato
Hi Guys. I have been getting to grips with the Mavic Pro over the last few weeks. Working on a project recently over at Dunham Massey which as a national trust park in Cheshire. A couple of early starts to make sure I got in the park before the families. I wasn't going for huge aerial shots, as I wanted to try and get a little closer to nature and the deer. Shot in 4K edited in Premier Pro. Welcome your feedback on the video, still a LOT to learn about the Mavic and Premier Pro.

Footage and colour grading is gorgeous, I think some of the cuts could be a little shorter (put my hand up to skipping forward a couple of times).

Also is that you in the red jacket? maybe next time wear something that doesn't stand out so much against the background.

But overall thumbs up on the video, looks very professional. :cool:

Soldato
Footage and colour grading is gorgeous, I think some of the cuts could be a little shorter (put my hand up to skipping forward a couple of times).

Also is that you in the red jacket? maybe next time wear something that doesn't stand out so much against the background.

But overall thumbs up on the video, looks very professional. :cool:

Thank you GSX, Good feedback. Agree on all points you make :)

Soldato
Had my first couple of quick test flights with the Spark yesterday, utterly amazed by it. First gadget/bit of tech that has really impressed me in years.

Super easy to use and very impressive quality for the price.

Soldato
Agreed. For me, for the last year I've seen it as the ultimate gadget. As you say, not much new comes along, but drones are definitely something different. People are always impressed how steady they are and of course the views you get. People also love the auto landing. They like to guess where will land and then lie/stand underneath it...

Of course I wouldn't fly in a built up area, but good job I wasn't practising in the garden this morning...

9zlvyMKh.jpg

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Had a nightmare few weeks trying to get to the bottom of some issue.
Good to get out again

oo, that looks like Heaton Park (I'm not far from there).

Still not finished my quad yet. Got the motors and ESCs on, but then struggled soldering the ESC to the PDB as it was sinking all the heat away. Bought a thicker tip and some leaded solder. Hopefully finish it off this weekend :D

Associate
oo, that looks like Heaton Park (I'm not far from there).

Still not finished my quad yet. Got the motors and ESCs on, but then struggled soldering the ESC to the PDB as it was sinking all the heat away. Bought a thicker tip and some leaded solder. Hopefully finish it off this weekend :D

That one isn't Heaton but I have plenty of vids from there. Usually go on the way to work

Back
Top Bottom