Muslims/Sikhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I can't stand any religion - IMO it's a complete load of tosh. Anyone that believes in a religion has to be brain washed, as there are absolutely no facts to base any belief in god. Nevermind, how do you know your praticing the right religion?

As for the Muslim religion i really can't understand any of it. For example i've got a Muslim friend that is gay, in the Muslim religion this is not allowed, however he has said there is nothing he can do about it. Which is fair enough, as it is accepted in the western world that being gay is not something you can change - the Muslim religion seems to think the complete oposite though.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Altered Corpse
I can't stand any religion - IMO it's a complete load of tosh. Anyone that believes in a religion has to be brain washed, as there are absolutely no facts to base any belief in god. Nevermind, how do you know your praticing the right religion?

As for the Muslim religion i really can't understand any of it. For example i've got a Muslim friend that is gay, in the Muslim religion this is not allowed, however he has said there is nothing he can do about it. Which is fair enough, as it is accepted in the western world that being gay is not something you can change - the Muslim religion seems to think the complete oposite though.

Altered Corpse, you are allowed your opinion, and in some respects I agree with it, but be careful please. You've already questioned the belief of a large percentage of this forum with your brash statement.

Caporegime
local lazy muslim here-forgoten most things about the religion ever since i left Nigeria-i dont eat pork and dont drink much either.

Soldato
Originally posted by Altered Corpse
i've got a Muslim friend that is gay, in the Muslim religion this is not allowed, however he has said there is nothing he can do about it.

Isn't it disallowed in Christianity, Sikhism, etc too. Not only a muslim thing

Which is fair enough, as it is accepted in the western world that being gay is not something you can change - the Muslim religion seems to think the complete oposite though.

Only been accepeted for the last 20 years. Haven't you heard what they used to do to homosexuals, even upto the late 60s.

Its more to do with society and the changing time that being gay is becoming accepted. The religions still haven't changed their views.

Your muslim friend is using his religion as an excuse, but its more to do with his family values and traditions. They will eventually accept it like most of us have.

Soldato
Oh yeah, sikhs were not the first to don a turban.

About the Hitman 2, one of the levels you had to go into the place and kill someone. Well that resembled the event that happened in 1984 in Punjab where the indian government ordered the army to launch an attack and kill someone who was in the golden temple complex.

So there is a distinct relation there, the level, the place looks like the golden temple, you had to kill someone in a high position.

The real event, the golden temple complex was attacked with heavy tank fire, to try and kill a high priest.

It was right for them to take it down, a lot of suffering came to us sikhs because of that event and there was a huge thread in here about how people said it wasnt a big deal blah blah, where they didnt really know the facts and is very sensitive to us, my father risked his life to help sikhs during that period.

The result of heavy shell fire on the most sacred building in the complex.

akal1.jpg
akal3.jpg
akaltakht.gif

I visited the golden temple back in 97 and its all rebuilt now with the money raised by the sikh community but you could still see the bullet holes in the marble floor.

Last edited:
Soldato
wtf how did i miss this thread, anyways im here now. As you may or may not know i also am sikh, i dont drink alcohol or eat meat, i havent cut my hair and i dont intent on cutting it either. My family wears a more India style turban, mine is kinda a mix between kenyan and indian lol. I think Gurdas has answered most of the questions :)

Also i dont understand it when i see people who keep turbans but cut their beirds, its totally wrong imo, u should either be fully commited or dont be at all

The way i see it if u dont believe it religon fair enough but why some people go on about it being a load of tosh ill never know, u really think people who believe in religon give a ****? I dont tell you ur lifestyle is right or wrong so why do they flipping go on about mine being wrong :dunno:

Soldato
Originally posted by Jazz

The way i see it if u dont believe it religon fair enough but why some people go on about it being a load of tosh ill never know, u really think people who believe in religon give a ****? I dont tell you ur lifestyle is right or wrong so why do they flipping go on about mine being wrong :dunno:
Well said, thats very hypocritical of them. To say they dont like it when people try and force religion on them and then speak bad of religious believers cultures is just plain crazy.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by gurdas
Well said, thats very hypocritical of them. To say they dont like it when people try and force religion on them and then speak bad of religious believers cultures is just plain crazy.

Not sure about that.

IMO it's fine for me to state that I don't like religion being forced upon me, and it's also fine IMO for me to say that religion is evil, religion is bad, and religion causes all sorts of tension and stress that we could really do without.

I wouldn't have a go at a religion without grounded facts though - which is the entire thing anyway, there are no facts to support religion..

This is not something being forced upon you.

Soldato
Its just in every thread where religon is involved someone goes on about how religon is stupid etc etc, it gets annoying after a while :) Dont have a problem with people thinking religon is bad or anything, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

The thing is some extremists in religons have given religon a bad name, religon should never ever be forced on anyone, u should only believe it if u want to believe it.

Soldato
This is a cracking thread and I hope it gets put in the archive. One thing that's always interested me is the difference between halal meat and kosher meat. Please I don't wish to offend anyone but my understanding is that both are prepared in similar ways (ie the pure method of slaughter by cutting of the throat).

What is the difference?

Bod

Bod

Soldato
Originally posted by Snasher
This is a cracking thread and I hope it gets put in the archive. One thing that's always interested me is the difference between halal meat and kosher meat. Please I don't wish to offend anyone but my understanding is that both are prepared in similar ways (ie the pure method of slaughter by cutting of the throat).

What is the difference?

I dont think there is sah. Apart from the actual words used when blessing the meat etc etc.

But I think, in principle and method, theyre both the same.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by RaiLord
In my opinion the blind faith of there not being a god is exactly the same as the blind faith of there being one in existance.

Absolutely, I agree.

The lack of evidence supporting it either way (either proving the existence or totally disproving the existence) means that we have no idea at all.

We all have our own beliefs though.

Soldato
Originally posted by RaiLord
In my opinion the blind faith of there not being a god is exactly the same as the blind faith of there being one in existance.

Ok sorry im really dumb and that confused me. Its like answering a question with a question or a riddle.

Its like to eat food is exactly the same as not to eat food.

thats how interpret it

Wanna ellaborate

Man of Honour
Originally posted by asim
Ok sorry im really dumb and that confused me. Its like answering a question with a question or a riddle.

Its like to eat food is exactly the same as not to eat food.

thats how interpret it

Wanna ellaborate

Wut? :confused:

I read it as you can't be sure either way, so to definitely belief there isn't a higher power is just as 'bad' (for want of a much better word) as believing there is...

Soldato
To believe in it is as bad as not believing in it?

Ok forget that. I believe in God. Allah. And nothing can turn me away from that. Everything that was ever written in the quraan is true. Has come true. And will continue to happen. Its like telling the future. No scientist can explain it. And there is no way to say that its a fluke. Or a joke or anything like that.

The holy Quraan has it all and thats more than enough for me.

And now i sleep.

Caporegime
yeh kosher and halal are more or less prepared in the same way afaik....

anyways wot one person wants to believe is up to them...im quite religious myself....and it isnt cos of my parents..they taught me from an early age wot our religion ie islam allows and doesnt allow....at end of day its up to us to choose the right path...and i have chosen mine....and i intend to go on Hajj next yr where i feel i will become complete....
as for forcing it down peoples throats....well that is plain wrong....i have never once forced my religious views on any of my mates....i do certain things with them but then there are things i will not do....and they understand that quite happily....

anyways as for all this suicide bomber lark....well at end of day the only people i blame is these so called islamic leaders...there is no way it is said in our holy book that killing innocent people is allowed....its one of the most severest forms of sins a muslim can commit....but then these leaders will do anything to twist my religion to their own ends etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom