My desk project

Soldato
OP
I was thinking originally of having it black, so only the components on show would be highlighted.

I'm not sure now, I'm liking the black/white contrast continuing!

Soldato
That looks truly outstanding!!

Only thing I would suggest is that when you put the front on, make a vent either in the front itself (like slots/louvres or something similar) or in the top - just to allow fresh air to enter the "case" and flow through the rads - otherwise you've got a sealed (ish) unit with six fans trying to blow air out the bottom...

That's either going to create a massive negative-pressure area impeding cooling due to poor airflow or it'll create a vacuum that'll suck the front panel off and in and chew it through the fans lol (which may damage the rads)

Soldato
OP
There's 3 fans (on the left) drawing fresh air in from outside, and the 3 on the right blowing out through the radiator - so should be relatively equal pressure in there once the front is on :)

I've just had a delivery - an envelope with some white braiding and black heatshrink - so huge thanks to Greboth again for that :)

Soldato
There's 3 fans (on the left) drawing fresh air in from outside, and the 3 on the right blowing out through the radiator - so should be relatively equal pressure in there once the front is on :)

I've just had a delivery - an envelope with some white braiding and black heatshrink - so huge thanks to Greboth again for that :)

No problem mate, was just wondering whether it got to you alright :)

Build looks good though, you could probably get away with running the intake fans a little faster than those on the rad as if you have vented pci blanks it should just exit there instead. Maybe it is the text and I missed it but how come you have fittings for a rad on the left side too but no rad?

Soldato

Didn't notice the fans were the blowing inwards on that side... didn't even notice there wasn't a radiator under them either lol

Soldato
OP
After using this for a week or so now in its current configuration...

I'm liking it!

However... due to how close my desk is to the wall, it makes getting cables in the back quite difficult! But that's only really a rare occurrence.

I really need to sort out some power/reset switches, reaching in with a small screwdriver every time I want to switch it on is becoming tedious!

I'll also need to get the bit of perspex on the front, although not until I've resolved the power switch issue!

And... the LEDs under the motherboard are either 1) not bright enough or 2) not enough of them, you can only see them when the lights and monitors are off.

Back
Top Bottom