my dual 360 rads in my 800d are finished

Associate
OP
good luck with that, you have to have them all the same orientation and res...
:o
saw this on the amd site
eyefinitypic.jpg

Ive ordered a active adaptor so will have to see...
maybe for gaming they need to be the same, but my desk wont fit 3 screens at 28"...

Associate
Alrite Tim. Needing some help buddy please. Ive finally got my 800D. How did you remove the hard drive cage from the bottom? It looks as though its riveted in. If you popped the rivets how did you re attach? Also this is gonna sound really dumb but how does the front bezel come off?

Associate
Front bezel just pops off easily (wiggle it .. just a little bit !)

bottom drive bays are rivetted in .. do you need it ?
I used small nuts n bolts to re-assemble some of the rest of the case, just not any drive bays.

Have fun rippin' her apart :D

Associate
No I dont need the drive bays really.Was just gonna put my ssd and raptors in the hot swap bays and get another 1tb for storage. That will fill the 4 bays up nicely so the others can go. Im debating wether or not to go with a triple or dual rad in the bottom.

Associate
Front bezel just pops off easily (wiggle it .. just a little bit !)

bottom drive bays are rivetted in .. do you need it ?
I used small nuts n bolts to re-assemble some of the rest of the case, just not any drive bays.

Have fun rippin' her apart :D

When you say wiggle it are there really no screws or clips to move first?

Associate
OP
Alrite Tim. Needing some help buddy please. Ive finally got my 800D. How did you remove the hard drive cage from the bottom? It looks as though its riveted in. If you popped the rivets how did you re attach? Also this is gonna sound really dumb but how does the front bezel come off?

morning,
look at post #19 , I used a drill bit bigger than the rivet head and drilled 3 of them off then the back of the rivets fall out, then there is a rivet in the top that I couldnt get the drill to so I used a dremel to grind away the top, the side then needs wiggling cos it has tabs that need to be pushed out, measure your psu before deciding on the rad size "

and I had to look on the Corsair website to watch the video of their build to see how to get the front off ! I was worried I would snap it !

there is also a log there with pix of removing the cage
good luck;)

Associate
OP
Associate
Only me again. Ive been having a play today and I reckon I could mount 2 240 rads in the bottom! Instead of having them lay flat to the floor of the case I thought about standing them both on there edge and connect them with some 3m threaded bar. Then I could have 2 x 120mm fans on each rad. I could maybe then either cut or drill the solid part of the case floor like all the other mods for better airflow to the rads. What you reckon?

Associate
OP
Only me again. Ive been having a play today and I reckon I could mount 2 240 rads in the bottom! Instead of having them lay flat to the floor of the case I thought about standing them both on there edge and connect them with some 3m threaded bar. Then I could have 2 x 120mm fans on each rad. I could maybe then either cut or drill the solid part of the case floor like all the other mods for better airflow to the rads. What you reckon?

Hi,
You might be able to get them to fit but will they get enough air to work better than a 360 on the floor sucking un interupted air over all of it ?
There is a great mod somewhere with a 480 in the bottom, but the guy turned his PSU on its side and cut a window in the side of his case

maybe depends on spec of the kit you are fitting if you need that much cooling ?
what PSU and GPU ?

and I thought you bought the rads ?

Last edited:
Associate
I have bought the rads but whilst taking my antec 1200 to bits I have 2 240 rads in there and they are pretty much new. So was just having a moment. I have quite a few of them these days I think its something to with my age haha. My psu at the moment is a cheap and cheerfull 1000w jobbie but I have a 1000w corsair on its way in the post. My gpu's are gtx 280's in sli for now. Gonna see how i get on then i might might upgrade them later.

Im still gonna go dual loop. A 360 in the roof for my cpu and northbridge/southbridge. The mobo cooling is already there thanks to the asus board. Not sure how good the block is for it but seeing as though its there and the case can easily take it im gonna give it a go and the other rad or rads will obviously do the gpu's.

Ive got a fan controller that I will use for the gpu loop and im going to buy a pwm 3 fan splitter so the mobo can take care of the fans on the 360 rad in the roof.

What do you think?

Associate
OP
I have bought the rads but whilst taking my antec 1200 to bits I have 2 240 rads in there and they are pretty much new. So was just having a moment. I have quite a few of them these days I think its something to with my age haha. My psu at the moment is a cheap and cheerfull 1000w jobbie but I have a 1000w corsair on its way in the post. My gpu's are gtx 280's in sli for now. Gonna see how i get on then i might might upgrade them later.

Im still gonna go dual loop. A 360 in the roof for my cpu and northbridge/southbridge. The mobo cooling is already there thanks to the asus board. Not sure how good the block is for it but seeing as though its there and the case can easily take it im gonna give it a go and the other rad or rads will obviously do the gpu's.

Ive got a fan controller that I will use for the gpu loop and im going to buy a pwm 3 fan splitter so the mobo can take care of the fans on the 360 rad in the roof.

What do you think?

I dont think the 1000W corsair will fit with the 360 as easily as mine did, have a look at OCD butchering ( sorry modding :eek:) his case. My PSU is 150mm and has about 35mm clearance, I think the 1000W is 200mm

Could you swap the two RS rads for a deeper RX for the roof ?? and put a 240 in the base ? You could swap it to two 240s if it isnt enough later ?

I was lucky my mobo has 8 fan connectors, but still tempted to get a controller

Back
Top Bottom