I'm impressed by the amount of storage areas in the front.
In the 1 Series I had to pay extra for a small storage area by the steering wheel and some crappy nets behind the front seats - that was it.
In the Golf, as standard there are loads more places to put things:
- A pull out tray under each front seat
- sunglasses storage in the roof
- press out cover storage under the climate controls
- much deeper arm rest storage
- under steering wheel storage
- massive door bins with angled drinks bottle space
- proper seat pockets
- cup holders which actually hold drinks securely and don't get in the way of the gear stick
.....and they are all felt lined
The door ones extend back a long way on my GTI, presume yours are the same. I don't have a clue what they are for though.
Eco mode on this takes some getting used to. It goes into a coast mode which it means it gathers speed very quickly when going downhill.
Hate eco mode for the coasting and leads to using the brakes more causing the dreaded brake dust all over the front wheels.