• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My horrible RMA experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is what the comment in my RMA thread was referencing, yikes! I've bought a bunch from OcUK over the years and all been fine, had to return stuff a few times too and no real issues but all it takes is the one experience from someone to put others off. Glad I got the FE 3080 Ti so my RMA went to Nvidia direct, it's the manufacturer that provides the warranty period, so quite why they push you back to the retailer boggles my mind. repair or replace with a like for like product - They need to follow the KISS protocol.
i think the push back against the retailer comes down to a couple of issues, firstly the valuation, that will leave op out of pocket and having to downgrade as you cant buy squat for 380 quid thats decent, and secondly, i think folk are thinking OC will repair said gpu and put in clearence with a healthy mark up. so profiteering of OP misfortune. i can see OC stuck between a rock and hard place as been shafted by MSI. in return the retailer is getting the fallout from the community. personlly i think OC has some quailfied technicians and maybe if msi wont play ball try and repair themselves if MSI leave them holding the can, but i also think some common sense is needed from OC. just either repair of replace with equivelant gpu

Reactions: mrk
So this is what the comment in my RMA thread was referencing, yikes! I've bought a bunch from OcUK over the years and all been fine, had to return stuff a few times too and no real issues but all it takes is the one experience from someone to put others off. Glad I got the FE 3080 Ti so my RMA went to Nvidia direct, it's the manufacturer that provides the warranty period, so quite why they push you back to the retailer boggles my mind. repair or replace with a like for like product - They need to follow the KISS protocol.

I've obviously read your thread and this, and was feeling exactly the same, thankful to be an FE owner.
This whole percentage refund thing is a new one on me, and certainly not a good look for a company who cares about their reputation.

I'm certain all will be good for the OP in the end, but ultimately without this forum, the OP would have been up the creak without a paddle. And that would be all above board by the sounds of it.

Reactions: mrk
I've obviously read your thread and this, and was feeling exactly the same, thankful to be an FE owner.
This whole percentage refund thing is a new one on me, and certainly not a good look for a company who cares about their reputation.

I'm certain all will be good for the OP in the end, but ultimately without this forum, the OP would have been up the creak without a paddle. And that would be all above board by the sounds of it.
time to shut these forums down before the corporate bottom line gets disturbed any more :D

Absolutely FE or a retailer that honours the advertised warranty. We'll be buying GAP insurance with our tech purchases at this rate.

Last edited:
The problem is the lack of clarity from OCUK as to what or why MSI cannot honour the warranty than comes with the card. Has MSI even looked at the card, have OCUK attempted to send it away, is it their own 28 day turn around policy causing the issue, far too many questions and no answers sadly.

At the end of the day the consumer/customer should have the option even if it takes longer for MSI to honour the warranty given when the card was purchased. If not get the card back, and send it to @Vince and I am sure he'll get you a better result.

Hi guys

So I believe we've come to a conclusion. I've been offered the 4070ti that I was originally offered :D, and OcUK said they are taking steps to ensure similar problems won't happen again.

I wanna thank Gibbo and everyone in this thread who gave their time, input, and voice. As I wouldn't have known what to do otherwise!

Alex J

Last edited:
The problem is the lack of clarity from OCUK as to what or why MSI cannot honour the warranty than comes with the card. Has MSI even looked at the card, have OCUK attempted to send it away, is it their own 28 day turn around policy causing the issue, far too many questions and no answers sadly.

At the end of the day the consumer/customer should have the option even if it takes longer for MSI to honour the warranty given when the card was purchased. If not get the card back, and send it to @Vince and I am sure he'll get you a better result.
This is what I was thinking and hinting at earlier. If it was me I would want to see proof it was sent to msi or at least attempted. For all we know it was sent to ocuk and just sat in the corner gathering dust for the 28 days. Unless I’ve missed something in this thread ofc.

Hi guys

So I believe we've come to a conclusion. I've been offered the 4070ti that I was originally offered :D, and OcUK said they are taking steps to ensure it won't happen again.

I wanna thank everyone in this thread who gave their time input and voice, as I wouldn't have known what to do otherwise!

Alex J
Good for you mate glad it was sorted.

Quids in that's a great result, it should not have taken all that faff and forum publicity to get to this stage, but I guess these are the times we live in.

Now get the card installed when it arrives and jump into the Cyberpunk thread for path tracing chat :D

Last edited:
Good outcome but as others have said it should NEVER have required posting on the forum and pulling in Gibbo etc... it also doesn't explain why it all happened in the first place, especially when the warranty was technically still valid.

I am curious as to what the new steps will involve though.... I'm betting it's likely don't mention replacement items....

Last edited:
Hi guys

So I believe we've come to a conclusion. I've been offered the 4070ti that I was originally offered :D, and OcUK said they are taking steps to ensure it won't happen again.

I wanna thank everyone in this thread who gave their time input and voice, as I wouldn't have known what to do otherwise!

Alex J
They are taking steps to ensure a 4070 Ti doesn't get offered again by mistake? :D

Hi guys

Alex J
Glad it's worked out. Enjoy the new card!

Hi guys

Alex J
Good news on both fronts, shame it required a post on the forums to get there. Pleased OCUK have done the right thing in the end (and going forward hopefully).

Enjoy the 4070Ti :)

Hi guys

Alex J
wow well done and well done OC for some common sense, now go tell MSI to go **** themselves :cry: :cry:

Quids in that's a great result, it should not have taken all that faff and forum publicity to get to this stage, but I guess these are the times we live in.

Now get the card installed when it arrives and jump into the Cyberpunk thread for path tracing chat :D

In fairness it has taken *ONE* working day to get sorted, so a pretty decent turn around and steps taken to try and avoid it happening again. :)

In fairness it has taken *ONE* working day to get sorted, so a pretty decent turn around and steps taken to try and avoid it happening again. :)

Its a good outcome for the OP, and hopefully going forward will ultimately be a good outcome for OCUK. Its not a bad thing being reminded on what's important for their customers (which isn't always price).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom