• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My horrible RMA experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great for Alex if he does get a favourable outcome, but does this mean anyone facing a similar situation has to post about your practises publicly before they'll be offered the same treatment?

Based on the volumes we do if there was a major issue at hand, we would know about it but if this helps to improve things further for all, then the end result is only positive. :)

Don't think this consumer rights is any different at OcUK to anywhere else.
I'd disagree.

I've had returns for items (not PC related, think it was for a power tool) that died right at the end of the warranty period and guess what - it was replaced for a brand new item. And power tools are not cheap. A warranty is a warranty and surely it doesn't matter if item xyz breaks within 6 months or within the final months of the cover, it's still covered. Seems like these warranties are not worth the paper they are written on and an easy excuse for companies to get out of replacing an item like for like, or offering a full refund. So basically you can have a 12 month or 24 month warranty, but after 6 months you'll get screwed over. I also remember having one of those fancy electric soap dispencers breaking recently. The manufacturer had stopped producing them but guess what happened, I got an apology and a full refund as it couldn't be replaced. What gives here? Come on Overclockers, step up and do the right thing and just replace the card with a like for like.
:confused:

Don't think this consumer rights is any different at OcUK to anywhere else and as I say has always resulted in happy customers typically, but times are a touch different right now and I've reached out to management and MSI to see if something different on this occasion can be done. We have procedures which I am following, I am sure in the end a favourable outcome will come for Alex J.
I truly appreciate your help on this, thank you

Last edited:
I'd disagree.

I've had returns for items (not PC related, think it was for a power tool) that died right at the end of the warranty period and guess what - it was replaced for a brand new item. And power tools are not cheap. A warranty is a warranty and surely it doesn't matter if item xyz breaks within 6 months or within the final months of the cover, it's still covered. Seems like these warranties are not worth the paper they are written on and an easy excuse for companies to get out of replacing an item like for like, or offering a full refund. So basically you can have a 12 month or 24 month warranty, but after 6 months you'll get screwed over. I also remember having one of those fancy electric soap dispencers breaking recently. The manufacturer had stopped producing them but guess what happened, I got an apology and a full refund as it couldn't be replaced. What gives here? Come on Overclockers, step up and do the right thing and just replace the card with a like for like.
:confused:

Same had a Philips electric toothbrush fail 2 months after warranty and they replaced it with a brand new model.

The cynic in me says due to the comments in this thread but who knows, there could be another reason for it.

With Gibbo’s reply. I’ll be putting my order for a 7900xtx in to the spaceman’s store. Been holding off for todays feedback from OcUK.

I can only suggest to others if you are not happy with the service from any store, don’t use them. It won’t take long once the profits fall for the SLT to see the error of their ways.

Why would comments in this thread make me remove a signature I've had for four years? I cannot even remember the name of the hosting company but a forum member informed me my signature had been edited with water marks and I simply could not be bothered do a new signature and was certainly not gonna pay for hosting, so I took the easy option and just deleted it from my sig. If you guys miss the banana so much I will make a new one at somepoint. :)

The spacemans store refused to refund me at all for an expensive item, for a customer who has spent thousands with them, no store is perfect but unlike that store who point blank refused to help when it went against procedure here I am trying to help and find a resolution. :)

The cynic in me says due to the comments in this thread but who knows, there could be another reason for it.

With Gibbo’s reply. I’ll be putting my order for a 7900xtx in to the spaceman’s store. Been holding off for todays feedback from OcUK.

I can only suggest to others if you are not happy with the service from any store, don’t use them. It won’t take long once the profits fall for the SLT to see the error of their ways.
I thought exactly the same @Awahwah and I am an old cynic, so maybe it is just both of us! I was going to order a 7900XTX this week as well, got a new case and was going to move my old rig into it, then order the Radeon card. This thread has put me right off buying it from OCUK, which is very said as they have always been my "go to" in the past. Yes they may have had a reputation as "Overchargers UK" but the customer service was always top notch.

I take no pleasure in posting about OCUK in this way, I would much rather be replying to a thread where the OP has been harping on about great customer service with his RMA. Sadly, that's not the case.
At this point, I'm completely dumbfounded as what to do since there's no way I can get a GPU even remotely as good as the price of £379.16. any advice on what to do?
Maybe a go fund me or something for the OP, I'd happily contribute a couple of gold nuggets and I suspect I would not be alone.

I thought exactly the same @Awahwah and I am an old cynic, so maybe it is just both of us! I was going to order a 7900XTX this week as well, got a new case and was going to move my old rig into it, then order the Radeon card. This thread has put me right off buying it from OCUK, which is very said as they have always been my "go to" in the past. Yes they may have had a reputation as "Overchargers UK" but the customer service was always top notch.

I take no pleasure in posting about OCUK in this way, I would much rather be replying to a thread where the OP has been harping on about great customer service with his RMA. Sadly, that's not the case.

Maybe a go fund me or something for the OP, I'd happily contribute a couple of gold nuggets and I suspect I would not be alone.

You wouldn't be alone but it shouldn't come to that. I just wonder if anyone links this thread to Ocuk twitter page when they advertise expensive items ?

Why would comments in this thread make me remove a signature I've had for four years? I cannot even remember the name of the hosting company but a forum member informed me my signature had been edited with water marks and I simply could not be bothered do a new signature and was certainly not gonna pay for hosting, so I took the easy option and just deleted it from my sig. If you guys miss the banana so much I will make a new one at somepoint. :)

The spacemans store refused to refund me at all for an expensive item, for a customer who has spent thousands with them, no store is perfect but unlike that store who point blank refused to help when it went against procedure here I am trying to help and find a resolution. :)

I hope you pass on all our feedback whether it be positive or negative as many of us have shopped with OcUK for a fair number of years now and many including myself have noticed the standards are slipping.

Bring back the forum support section!

If the "warranty" is just a depreciation calculation, it's a crap warranty.

war·ran·ty
/ˈwôrən(t)ē/
See definitions in:
All
Commerce
Law
noun
  1. a written guarantee, issued to the purchaser of an article by its manufacturer, promising to repair or replace it if necessary within a specified period of time.

Yes and yes please. But you must appreciate the timing was very 'suspect' and can you not have it hosted somewhere on the OCUK website? Failing that https://postimages.org/ :)

Of course I can just could not be bothered at weekend and clearly the hosting company has changed their terms, so I just took easy route as better things to do be doing than a forum signature on the weekend.

Last edited:

I liked seeing the car Gibbo so bring it back. I also seem to remember you had link in your sig to cars inc. Bring that back too :).

Re the Spaceman (with his strange looking spaceship), like others here I’ve never experienced a problem with them. They even replaced a wheel that broke well out of any warranty period. I agree with you though, mileage will and does very.

Coming back to Op. I’m sure in the end, you will sort him out. But, would that have happened without this thread? I’m not sure - I bet you and the SLT are trying to determine what would limit any damage here to reputation and future sales.

OcUK have/had a great reputation, which is why I’ve spent a small fortune in the past with you guys.

What has stopped me ordering higher value items from yourselves was the attitude the support team took when DPD (your supplier not mine) delivered kit to the wrong house. A) They made it my problem to deal with B) Got impression they thought I was trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

Anyway I’ve taken this thread away from the ops problem.

I’ll continue to watch the thread and you may get my order :)

I thought it was Repair / replacement and then refund as a last stage? And generally if you have an equivalent / same model in you'd be offered that (Of which both things exist in the store) - Thats whats always happened when I've bought things that have failed?

Why do PC parts have crap warranties especially with how much companies want to charge nowadays? Nvidia has billions of USD of unsold inventory,etc so seems really weird MSI does not have stock or parts to repair an RTX3080.

Too put it in context my Nikon D600,had a new shutter years out of warranty because Nikon acknowledged the model might have had an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom