My new Dell 2405FPW - pictures & first impressions

Pij

Pij

Associate
Hi guys,

ive scanned over the thread but i didnt manage to find out, does the 2405FPW support 1:1 pixel mapping, so if i cannot run the Game at a decent res i could run it effectivly in a lower resolution and have the rest of the screen black?

Man of Honour
OP
yes it does. either this, or "keep aspect" making it as much of the screen as possible, but keeping the aspect ratio rather than stretching to fill the whole thing

Man of Honour
OP
Magic Man said:
It has gone down again. How do OCUK justify the price changes on their stock when other retailers still have it for around the £680 mark?

Dell are no longer supplying OcUK with new stock since they want to sell direct from Dell only from now on. This was the reason for the price bump i think, but the 2405FPW has always been fluctuating a fair bit really....

Caporegime
With other retailers still selling for £680 that's a BIG fluctuation though, and not really an incentive to buy them here is it?

I can't see why the price would have raised by such an insensible amount...

Man of Honour
OP
well let's not get into a price discussion about competitors. It has often varied in price, but OcUK offer their excellent service and a 4 year warranty whereas other places don't. anyway, let's not turn this into a price discussion :)

Associate
I have had my 2405 for about 2/3 months now and there is one serious point that I want to make all potential buyers aware of:

Once you get this bad boy you will never want anything less than 24" in the future!

I just hope people dont feel too bad when they use other peoples' 17/19"ers or have anything less at work - I know I do :( All in all this is still a fantastic monitor :)

Fingers crossed future large size TFTs will also be priced well. (I got mine under £600 and thats about the max I would wanna splash out on a monitor)

Associate
Alty said:
I have had my 2405 for about 2/3 months now and there is one serious point that I want to make all potential buyers aware of:

Once you get this bad boy you will never want anything less than 24" in the future!

I just hope people dont feel too bad when they use other peoples' 17/19"ers or have anything less at work - I know I do :( All in all this is still a fantastic monitor :)

Fingers crossed future large size TFTs will also be priced well. (I got mine under £600 and thats about the max I would wanna splash out on a monitor)

Couldnt agree more, i am so pleased with this monitor... It makes everthing so much easier too work with and not too mention the large widescreen gaming :)

Associate
ive been thinking about getting this for a bit i should be moving into a house by the summer,
but for now do you think it would fit where my crt is

newpc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom