My new Dell 2405FPW - pictures & first impressions

Associate
Good choice on the backgroud Badass :D

I love my monitor sooo much, it's just brilliant. However unfortunately I've noticed yesterday that a pixel appears to have gotten stuck, or lazy or whatever the term is. I'm 99% certain it wasn't like that new as i would have noticed it. Luckily though you can't tell unless the screen is black.

Soldato
Baddass said:
no, there is DVI on the card but because it's a GeForce 4 ti4200 the DVI can only support 1600 x 1200 resolution! this thing is just too much of a beast for that! :p

That's a lie! I'm using 1920 x 1200 on my GF4 Ti4200. It's a Gainward one, but it shouldn't make any difference.

I'm just sad that I had less than 24 hours with mine before I had to go to Italy. This 19" goldfish bowl CRT is just so inferior. I'm glad I bought something at the right time for once! I know the prices keep going up and down, just lucky that I had enough cash.

Man of Honour
OP
tom_nieto said:
That's a lie! I'm using 1920 x 1200 on my GF4 Ti4200. It's a Gainward one, but it shouldn't make any difference.

you sir are a legend! i admit i had never actually tried it, but when i ordered the monitor before i got it i checked every linked spec i could find for the card and it said DVI upt o 1600 x 1200 and i assumed it wouldnt support this res. running happily now on DVI-D!! :D lovely, looks even sweeter now than it did before, very happy!

Man of Honour
OP
this is some kind of magical card!! im very surprised it does this res on DVI and even more surprised games like GTA San Andreas run at 1920 x 1200 and full draw distance without a problem!

Soldato
Baddass said:
this is some kind of magical card!! im very surprised it does this res on DVI and even more surprised games like GTA San Andreas run at 1920 x 1200 and full draw distance without a problem!

Morning!:D

this card is a relic how on earth can it do that have you cross bred it with a 7800gtx or sumink:p

Soldato
I have just got mine and all I can say is :eek:

When I opened the box and took it out I actually said wow, it's just so big!

Just going to play now!

Associate
If you feel the size is too big, just don't worry about it. You'll become totally used to it soon. 17" TFT's will look so tiny in comparison!

Soldato
Looks impressive!!

Although it is an awsome monitor I'm not quite sure whether the colour reproduction is as good/sharp as on my 2 year old LG 1710B........

Edit -although I've jsut darkened the gamma a bit doen to .96 and that seems to have made things a little better

Back
Top Bottom