My new evo

Associate
I brought this six months ago as a completely standard evo 8 260. I have had a string om problems with it and only covered 150 miles.. First the AYC pump failed . Now fixed Then i had Throttle body issues . Then to cap it all i bought some new 18" team dynamice and one was drilled of centre.. But it is all fixed now and i have just fitted some new tyres ordered a full 3" turbo back exhaust and an uprated fuel pump . I will be ordering an evo IX rear pumper latter in the week ( My trusti old monitor went pop last night,so been sorting that today) . Lots more to go.. Fully forged next year is the plan . but want to get it sitting on Ohlins and stopping on Ap`s first... Aftermarket ecu is next on the list . Something allog the lines of a Vipec or simlar will do!!

WP_20150322_005_zps8tmazsxn.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
You could probably buy 10 Evos for the price of the X6 mommy bought.

OP: Nice car, but please take some photos when you've got the vaseline off your lens ;)

Soldato
Nice enough but it's hardly a BMW X6 is it?

The hell has that got to do with anything, is this some sort of internal joke? what a useless post:rolleyes:

Nice Evo, problems are part of Evo ownership from my experience, i guess that can be said about older performance cars in general, but its worth it.
I sorely miss my VI:(, I miss the noise, I miss the power, i miss the looks i miss the road feel, i miss the handling, i miss the event of every drive, i miss the flames and god almighty bangs, but most of all i miss that gear shift, i've yet to drive anything before or since with such rifle bolt precision.

Soldato
I assumed it had to be an inside joke as nobody would say something so stupid!

Nice car I bet it's fun as hell to drive. I'd personally roll with silver wheels though :)

Soldato
Nice :)

Shame about the problems you've had but as Steve says, it's part of the journey i'm afraid. Hopefully bringing mine over next month - needs a lot of work doing to it (rustproofing, rear lower inner arm bushes, new transfer box, remap to account for the poorer fuel grade etc.)

What was up with the throttle body?

Back
Top Bottom