My new Mondeo Zetec - Im so excited - Pics Included

clockworks said:
I've driven several Mondeos, and they have all suffered from wind noise. To me, it's the one drawback with most Fords, and not something that the Vauxhalls I've driven have suffered from.
My current car ('54 Vectra 1.9 CDTi) is much quieter on the motorway, although the Mondeos had a smoother ride.

Windnoise....vauxhalls...mondeo's have better handling and is a much safer car....vauxhalls are only good in a straight line. :D

Could anyone help with these:

The plastic bits around the door handle and window buttons have worn away and to be honest, it looks a little pap.

Handle1.JPG

Handle2.JPG

Are the plastic cover bits easy to take off and replace assuming I can find some in good condition?

Also, this rear passenger light:

rear%20passenger.JPG

Are these standard or is it a custom mod?

Either way, its a simple yet great idea instead of just having the one at the front like every other car ive had.

Last edited:
To remove the handle surrounds:

Drivers Door: Pop that cap off beind the handle and undo the screw behind. Pull the cover out, it clips on toward the front of the car too so be a bit careful at that point as the plastic can crack.

Passenger Door: Pop out the electric window switch and unplug it, then do the same as above.

There are always people breaking Mondeos on www.fordmondeo.org.

Should be able to get replacements cheap enough :)

I have never seen them wear away like that though!

Tesla said:
To remove the handle surrounds:

Drivers Door: Pop that cap off beind the handle and undo the screw behind. Pull the cover out, it clips on toward the front of the car too so be a bit careful at that point as the plastic can crack.

Passenger Door: Pop out the electric window switch and unplug it, then do the same as above.

There are always people breaking Mondeos on www.fordmondeo.org.

Should be able to get replacements cheap enough :)

I have never seen them wear away like that though!

Thanks for the info.

PS

I also need one of the handle things which you use to adjust the tilt of the seat... the one on the side of the seat. Will look on there for one of those also.

Thanks again.

Gimpymoo said:
Thanks for the info.

PS

I also need one of the handle things which you use to adjust the tilt of the seat... the one on the side of the seat. Will look on there for one of those also.

Thanks again.
You might just be as well to go to your local breakers, stuff like this usually ends up getting crushed with the rest of the car (unless someones bought a partial or whole interior) so you'd probably get them for peanuts. :)

Am off to the breakers tomorrow morning, here is my shopping list:

1 x 6000CD Key Code unit - I assume I can use any unit with my radio?

I dont have the Security key... If it asks for one, anyone know the process of obtaining a new one?

1 x Seat Adjustment knob/wheel thing
2 x Plastic Inserts for door handles
2 x Parcel shelf strings

Last edited:
teaboy5 said:
Does that have drums on the rear? Why is that?

Mine is the 2l one and it has discs all round

Pre final revision Mk2's (Build date before July 99) had drum brakes on the back of all models bar the V6's.

Gimpymoo said:
Thanks for the info.

PS

Thanks again.
To remove this part use a small screwdriver to pop out the plastic circle part in the middle, then the cog shaped plastic part will pull off (the bit you actually grip and rotate). Remember to take both bits and it just clips back on in the reverse order.

Did you get your aircon thing sorted?

Might as well ask this also while I'm here, the drivers seat is the one with the electric height adjustment, but when I press the button the motor makes a noise, but there is no movement in the seat. Now with me being 5'6" I'd prefer it a little higher. Any ideas on what could be wrong or how much it would cost to fix?

GlasgowTitan said:
Might as well ask this also while I'm here, the drivers seat is the one with the electric height adjustment, but when I press the button the motor makes a noise, but there is no movement in the seat. Now with me being 5'6" I'd prefer it a little higher. Any ideas on what could be wrong or how much it would cost to fix?
I imagine the teeth have been sheared off of one of the cogs.

The easiest fix you can do is find an identical seat.

However, you may be able to find a cog the same size, the seats are quite easy to remove from the car, they will remain attched by the seat belt but you can still get them out of the car and work on them easily enough without the hassle of removing the belts.

Nice car M8. I love the mondeo's, I have had a Mk 1 upto 5 months ago and now the W reg 00 Mk 2 Ghia. 110k on the clock, all the usual Ghia toys and refinements like Cruise control, wood effect dash, Power Sunroof, Traction Control, heat front screen, trip comp, 6000 CD. Pics below:

frontside.jpg
interior.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom