My new Samsung 26" LCD

SiD the Turtle said:
Thanks for the info.

I spotted this screen in Selfridges today. Although it was running the Samsung demo reel (so pinch of salt needed) the picture was damn good, no ghosting etc. I was explaining to the girlfriend why its such a good screen and she said that I shouldn't get the 26 inch model..... I should get the 32! W00t. Twas a grand in Selfridges, about 250 less online. Do John Lewis pricematch online? Or I might have to go down Tottenham Court road to get some prices to pricematch with.

The 42 inch was simply amazing. Shame my house is not big enough!

I have tried John Lewis before about matching online prices - they simply ignore the internet completely as a competitor and keep their steep prices ( certainly around where i used to live they had stock when others didnt) so their price matching always stayed at their original sticker price - they wouldnt budge at all

Heres mine (74BDX) :)

xbox.jpg

BoomAM said:
Whats the difference between the 74BDX and the older models?

3000:1 Contrast ratio on 26" as opposed to 800:1 and 5000:1 ratio on all other models (32", 40" etc). There are others too but non that spring to mind.

According to citylink my tv is on it's way now :)

Andelusion said:
3000:1 Contrast ratio on 26" as opposed to 800:1 and 5000:1 ratio on all other models (32", 40" etc). There are others too but non that spring to mind.

According to citylink my tv is on it's way now :)

Are there any other differences?

King_Boru said:
how have you got it connected up?

VGA.

Mr.Orb said:
Are there any other differences?

Swiverly stand? I know there's some others relating to the audio and some other adjustments to the quality, if you find the specs of this model and the previous one you'll notice the diffs.

Just had a night of CS:S btw and the quality of this screen has blown me away.

Andelusion said:
Text can sometimes look a little bit blurry though :(

On mine (the LE26R41B), I find deep red (like King_Boru's sig) and deep blue text to be a tad blurry. (Also connected via VGA too).

Only bad thing about it IMO.

Last edited:
I'm going to buy a new VGA lead and see if that stops the problem with blurryness. If it doesn't I will get it replaced. I have had it for about 6 months I think.

My gf got her new Samsung LE27T51BX 27'' LCD TV yesterday, and I must say its an amazing product for £505! Great picture and sound and looks totally cool! Does the job very nicely and is HD ready too. Now Ive just gotta convince her to buy 5.1 surround, an HDD recorder, etc, etc! ;)

On my Samsung 26" LCD TV, which I'm also using as my computer monitor, when I boot my computer into Safe Mode, the TV comes up saying unsupported mode? I run the TV in its native res of 1360 x 768 normally, but shouldn't safe mode just load up as normal?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
AshM said:
On my Samsung 26" LCD TV, which I'm also using as my computer monitor, when I boot my computer into Safe Mode, the TV comes up saying unsupported mode? I run the TV in its native res of 1360 x 768 normally, but shouldn't safe mode just load up as normal?

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Ash

I had this. had to do, start - run - msconfig - boot.ini and tick the /BASEVIDEO box.
Reboot and try again, and it should be ok... remember to go and untick the box once you have finished. :)

KraniX said:
whats the quality of the picture like when hooked up to telewest/sky via scart?

do i need any extra cables to run my 360 in HD with this telly?

If you only got the core 360 then you will need either a vga cable or a componant cable for your 360. I believe you get one or the other with the Premium bundle though.

Back
Top Bottom