My new water cooled build log :)

Soldato

Idle sits at 50C with slow fans on the rad and under load at 4.6GHZ @ 1.32V, it goes to 62C. At 5GHZ with 1.495V under load, it goes to ~75C (I ran prime95 for 30 mins I think). I expect when I have the 2 GPU's cooled with the extra 240 rad, it will be a little warmer under load but not by much.

50ºc on idle is too high mate, there's something wrong as 35ºc at idle is possible with an air cooler let alone wc. The recommended max for the 3930k is 72.6ºc

http://communities.intel.com/thread/27814

Caporegime
OP
I went to no overclock and speedstep enabled and temps are 35C (hottest core). I am happy with those temps. I checked about and mine are good from what I can tell.

Maybe somebody else can confirm good or bad please?

Soldato
My idle with speedstep and all that jazz disabled sits around 3-4c above ambient with a 4.75ghz clock.

Right now room temp is 24c, idle temps are 30/28/28/30 and I've just finished a 4 hour run on Borderlands 2 :)

I wouldn't worry too much about idle temps as long as they aren't spiking out of control, load temps are what matter.

Caporegime
OP
My idle with speedstep and all that jazz disabled sits around 3-4c above ambient with a 4.75ghz clock.

Right now room temp is 24c, idle temps are 30/28/28/30 and I've just finished a 4 hour run on Borderlands 2 :)

I wouldn't worry too much about idle temps as long as they aren't spiking out of control, load temps are what matter.

Ok Cheers. I have been hunting all forums for temps and mine do seem normal. I was pleased with the 75C at 5GHZ to be honest and that was after Prime95 running and I showed the max temp hit. If I open my kitchen door to the rear garden, temps drop down to 30C but then I got told off by the Mrs :(

Soldato
And remember the 3930K will run hotter than my little 3820 as it has the extra 2 cores/4 threads :)

Its painful sitting in the cold to see what temps you can get, I had my 2600K down as low as 13c idle but when I debated putting some gloves on I decided to close the window :D

Caporegime
OP
And remember the 3930K will run hotter than my little 3820 as it has the extra 2 cores/4 threads :)

Its painful sitting in the cold to see what temps you can get, I had my 2600K down as low as 13c idle but when I debated putting some gloves on I decided to close the window :D

lol :D

I just see some guy post he has idle temps off 22C and think WTF:eek: but then you read more and more and ambient room temp does play a big part and proves it with the door open. Maybe when the wife is out in the middle of winter, I will see what I can get down to but for now, I am happy.

I have been running prime95 for the last 40 mins ish and max temp is 65C and this is 4.625GHZ @ 1.32 min and 1.34 max volts.

Good enough for me. I would be interested in others temps though, so will keep looking :)

Caporegime
OP
2-3 deg so not a lot.
other voltages play a part also as run 3 cards and squeeze as much
out of my ram as poss.:D

I more than happy with my temps, pump/res
which is the same as yours is set to 2.

Good stuff. I have mine on 3 and am not changing it because the idea was for quiet. Water flowing quickly enough for me :)

Caporegime
OP
In all honesty I've not changed the setting from setting
it up,works fine - noise(what noise).:)

might have a play to see if it changes owt?

Lol I just broke a fin on my back exhaust fan grrrrrrrrrr :mad: I just turned the pump upto full and being the clumsy oaf that I am, I caught my hand on the fan :(

I have a spare down the shed but not fitting till tomorrow. If it aint broke and all that.....

Soldato
Lol I just broke a fin on my back exhaust fan grrrrrrrrrr :mad: I just turned the pump upto full and being the clumsy oaf that I am, I caught my hand on the fan :(

I have a spare down the shed but not fitting till tomorrow. If it aint broke and all that.....

I have a spare NZXT fan if you need one? :)

I hate messing when all is working as something always seems
to break :(

Man of Honour
lol :D

I just see some guy post he has idle temps off 22C and think WTF:eek: but then you read more and more and ambient room temp does play a big part and proves it with the door open. Maybe when the wife is out in the middle of winter, I will see what I can get down to but for now, I am happy.

I have been running prime95 for the last 40 mins ish and max temp is 65C and this is 4.625GHZ @ 1.32 min and 1.34 max volts.

Good enough for me. I would be interested in others temps though, so will keep looking :)

Just tried your settings 4.6ghz @1.34v

I lasted about 1 minute in prime95 then BSOD arrh

I think if it had carried on running I would have got an average temp of about 67c - 68c

I did a run last night (I was looking at an over optimistic review of a H100) in prime95 @4.6ghz and 1.42v and got an average temp of 72c but it was very noisy on high with 4 fans.

I think one of the real advantages of a real water cooled loop like yours is better system stability and lower vcore.

Soldato
Just tried your settings 4.6ghz @1.34v

I lasted about 1 minute in prime95 then BSOD arrh

I think if it had carried on running I would have got an average temp of about 67c - 68c

I did a run last night (I was looking at an over optimistic review of a H100) in prime95 @4.6ghz and 1.42v and got an average temp of 72c but it was very noisy on high with 4 fans.

I think one of the real advantages of a real water cooled loop like yours is better system stability and lower vcore.

I also tried that voltage and didn't last that long.
4.6 for me is 1.38v prime stable(12hrs) hottest core hitting 70
the rest mid 60's.
I can run with a .015v -offset with no issues but isn't prime stable :confused:

Soldato
Thanks guys. My finger tips are still sore :p

My fingers where sore as well. lol
Lovely m8 well done. Loving the purple. Can't wait to see the full system under water.!!! :)
Did you find it difficult to switch the pump speed when I tried the red dial
Snapped mines now set to 3, I'll have to give oc a call and see what can be done.

What do I need m8 to drain my system without cutting the tubing every time
I change the fluid?
Could you put up a basket for me

Back
Top Bottom