My new weekend toy - Supra TT :-)

Do you find you are happy with BPU and don't crave single turbo power?

I have never been in a BPU supra but I have driven a few with single's and it is addictive!

I have never been in a single yet and I dont understand why anyone would want more power than BPU, its crazy!

I've been in one that had over 400 at the wheels.....'twas nice....very nice :D

Hopefully I should be getting that at the fly

Out of interest, what kind of Sup would I get for 5-7k?

realistically, I'd like a TT 6Manual, but they demand a higher premium from what i've seen.

Would like like an Aero, but again, from my research they're only available with an Auto.

Out of interest, what kind of Sup would I get for 5-7k?

realistically, I'd like a TT 6Manual, but they demand a higher premium from what i've seen.

Would like like an Aero, but again, from my research they're only available with an Auto.

JDM TT Auto

8K+ will get you a JDM TT Manual pre-facelift

there are a very few manual aerotops but command massive premiums

LoL sounds like you dont like any of it ;) The front bumper is eventually going the rest of the "body kit" is stock

Yeah, it's mainly the front that bothers me. It might be the light also but the back doesn't look stock?

There are plenty of things I do like - the interior is cool in a "90's Jap" kinda way, the engine is smashing and I do get pangs of wishing I had one of these (Gran Turismo side talking there).

They never did an aero manual they are all autos unless they have had the 6 speed installed which will demand even more money. A 6speed box alone 2nd hand goes for £3500 excludes fitting. At the top end of your budget you might be able to get a 6 speed but you will be very lucky.

They never did an aero manual they are all autos unless they have had the 6 speed installed which will demand even more money. A 6speed box alone 2nd hand goes for £3500 excludes fitting. At the top end of your budget you might be able to get a 6 speed but you will be very lucky.

There are a very few JDM aeros that had them fitted.

Nigh on impossible to get one nowadays though.

The rear bumper doesn't look stock?

There are a very few JDM aeros that had them fitted.

Nigh on impossible to get one nowadays though.

The rear bumper doesn't look stock?

Yeah, it's mainly the front that bothers me. It might be the light also but the back doesn't look stock?

There are plenty of things I do like - the interior is cool in a "90's Jap" kinda way, the engine is smashing and I do get pangs of wishing I had one of these (Gran Turismo side talking there).

The rear end is stock other than the lip which could be blended into the spats.

I like the colour - its different! Any plans to go for a manual conversion?

Miss my old one :( 4 years this month since it died.
Sorely tempted to get another one now.

How did it die? Did you do a Wraith on it?:p

There is nothing wrong with the auto transmission other than lack of driver engagement. I prefer the auto because Im sick of changing gears having owned 2 many diesels lol...If anything I would probably get it rebuilt to with stand more power and get a hi stall installed. Manual conversions are expensive, as I mentioned above the box costs £3.5k alone!

There is nothing wrong with the auto transmission other than lack of driver engagement. I prefer the auto because Im sick of changing gears having owned 2 many diesels lol...If anything I would probably get it rebuilt to with stand more power and get a hi stall installed. Manual conversions are expensive, as I mentioned above the box costs £3.5k alone!

Auto in the Supra is lovely.

Can't deny a manual would be more engaging, but the supra is a point and squirt car which suits auto fine.

I did a NathWraith+ on it before Nath I think, lol. Unfortunately it was a UK TT6 BPU+

It's definitely personal preference. I drove both autos and manuals and the autos are perfectly fine boxes but it has to be a manual every time for me - it wasn't just the engagement. The whole driving style changes with a manual and I just couldn't get the same sound/experience/performance with the auto.

The other thing is the power - like you say, the autos will need a rebuild to cope and with you having an Aero, a manual conversion while expensive, would be one of the few mods that would actual add value to the car imo - Aeros with manual conversions are always sought after!

I will have to drive a manual first, at the moment my priority on the car is the mechanical then body work. I plan to have this car for as long as possible...so a manual box could be the cards (if the price comes down!).

Back
Top Bottom