My new weekend toy - Supra TT :-)

Thats a shame :( What was the weather conditions like?
Im still driving mine very carefully around bends, I had it on the motorway a few weeks ago and put my foot down on a wet motorway, the traction light was on for a good few seconds and the back end was twitching and I **** myself! if I did the same on a bend I wouldn't be here...I need to see if there are any skid pad training sessions in my area.

Vita can you see the pictures now?

Or you can fit some decent tyres?

EDIT... just saw the rears are PZeros so no awful... my bad :)

Or you can fit some decent tyres?

EDIT... just saw the rears are PZeros so no awful... my bad :)

Lol glad you noticed, I must have mentioned the rears about a million times :p

Possibly then. I'll look through my pics on my phone as I did remember taking a pic of it. Swear it looked purple and UFO was on the bottom.

If it was last year then its 100% not this car, and I have only been to Leeds once this year in this car.

Very nice supra.
But dont borrow to Nathan he will total it like others :P
Damn i wish i had one of those :D

Its very interesting how i dont find many pass 2000 year cars appealing to me... Like nothing descent came out after 2003 that looked good for me..

Nice read, that purple colour really came alive after you gave it a good clean!

Would be good to see a few videos :p

Yes it did, when the weather pics up I am going to clay it as I have yet to do this. The pictures at castle hill dont do the colour justice, it was low light so they came out darker. Videos are on the list of things to do/make :)

Nice work

Thanks..

Here is a picture of the engine when I got it

14.jpg

And this is a picture now..

From the picture you can see the new turbo vac hoses, new upper radiator hose, strut brace powder coated in satin black. Blitz rad cap. I vinyl wrapped the upper air intake but I will probably end up removing and respraying all the plastic bits in satin black. The wipers before and after can also be seen.

The ali cooling plate is missing from the pictures as I sent it off to a friend to copy.

99.jpeg

Couple of random car park shots...

100.jpg

101.jpg

Last edited:
Really good work there, especially considering you'd not worked on cars before. Did you have a helping hand along the way? Did you borrow quite a few tools? I still find myself very occasionally having to borrow tools, most recently it was some spring compressors.

Nice to see someone looking after a car rather than stripping/scrapping it!

Are you running it in sequential or TTC?

The latter should stop one of the turbos breaking again, and sound a bit more like a single turbo :)

Really good work there, especially considering you'd not worked on cars before. Did you have a helping hand along the way? Did you borrow quite a few tools? I still find myself very occasionally having to borrow tools, most recently it was some spring compressors.

Nice to see someone looking after a car rather than stripping/scrapping it!

Yes Iky who owns a supra is handy and does a lot of his own work, he did help me a fair bit. I didn't really need any tools, the halfords kit covered most. I did have to buy extensions. Also I recommend getting a heat gun (borrowed this) to take off old nuts. What also would have been nice to have is them bendy spanners to get in awkward places.

It looks simple but believe me some of it was very hard and I struggled for days.

Are you running it in sequential or TTC?

The latter should stop one of the turbos breaking again, and sound a bit more like a single turbo :)

I am running sequential at the moment, I have had it mostly in TTC but I prefer the sequential as it gives you more low down power. TTC did have a nice grunt to it :)

How long a project was it, from picking up to the MOT date?

I can't really be bothered to work on cars these days, I might get a track car to play with at some point but can't see it happening any time soon. I'll only do oil changes and fairly simple things now.

How long a project was it, from picking up to the MOT date?

I can't really be bothered to work on cars these days, I might get a track car to play with at some point but can't see it happening any time soon. I'll only do oil changes and fairly simple things now.

I was mainly waiting for the log book so I could get insured in order to drive to the MOT station. Its a difficult one to answer but looking at my pictures "date taken" data it took 5 months. I wasn't in any rush and was working on it weekends and odd days.

Do you find you are happy with BPU and don't crave single turbo power?

I have never been in a BPU supra but I have driven a few with single's and it is addictive!

Love the mods and work you've done, although I have to admit:

- I really really don't like that colour, it's awful.
- The bodykit is nasty as well.
- The wheels as a result of the above, don't suit it.
- I'm not keen on the front numberplate either.

But apart from that, enjoy! It's just my opinion after all - if you like it, who cares? :p

how have I only just seen this thread?? You've done an excellent job OP. looks awesome :)

I only updated it earlier today with the full build..;)

Love the mods and work you've done, although I have to admit:

- I really really don't like that colour, it's awful.
- The bodykit is nasty as well.
- The wheels as a result of the above, don't suit it.
- I'm not keen on the front numberplate either.

But apart from that, enjoy! It's just my opinion after all - if you like it, who cares? :p

LoL sounds like you dont like any of it ;) The front bumper is eventually going the rest of the "body kit" is stock

I prefer the indiglo dash and the dash surrounds. before it didn't look great.

The dials I managed to break somehow so its back as normal until I figure out what to do...

Back
Top Bottom