My Photos.. critique and feedback very welcome!

Associate
OP
Typical 'My First DSLR' shots, we've all been there. Sorry :p

I don't know why you bother to post if you have nothing useful or constructive to add..

* Oh, you edited your comment, why?

You are good at this, already have composition and processing way ahead of someone who only been shooting for 6 months.

Thank you Raymond, I can definitely see progress when comparing my latest photos to the ones when I first started.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Or maybe he has a point that you should consider rather than dismissing it because it's not positive.

I didn't dismiss it, did I? Like you, he had nothing useful or constructive to add and I questioned him about it..

Why did you take the trouble to post? Just to echo him? That's very nice of you, but I think he had it covered without your heroic contribution.

Soldato
I didn't dismiss it, did I? Like you, he had nothing useful or constructive to add and I questioned him about it..

Why did you take the trouble to post? Just to echo him? That's very nice of you, but I think he had it covered without your heroic contribution.

I took the trouble to post because your shots do look like the typical first slr shots and rather than take it on board and think about maybe why that is, you're getting defensive about it.

Tbh there's too many too critique individually but overall I find most to be decent enough technically but lack any interest to me, there's nothing drawing me in

Ps your thread title does say critique and feedback very welcome

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ps your thread title does say critique and feedback very welcome

Indeed it does, which means I am looking for critique about my photos.

If you know what critique means, than you know that neither of you actually offered any. That is the problem!

Back on topic, thank you for the constructive input in your last comment, that is something I can take on board..

I edited it because I realised it would prompt a response like the above ;)

Seems quite natural that it did the very exact thing then.. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Look like typical new to DSLR type shots at the start tbh...

...but you have improved a lot and certainly have an eye for composition :)

The child flash ones don't work with the black background imo, it doesn't suit the pose / look. The heavily processed BW is really good however, stand out image for me as is 'the view' shot, really nice.

fyi you asked for feedback as well as critique, someone saying your images are s*** would be perfectly valid feedback although harsh.

Associate
OP
Hi again everyone.

Seeing as it's been more than 4 years since my last post in this thread I thought it best if I posted something light hearted on my first re-entry.

Danbo seems like the perfect denominator..

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a massive jump in the "professionalism" of the photos. It doesn't look like you're gunning for extreme bokeh just because DSLR etc, you're using it to great effect. The 4th one in particular is really really nice - looks like you've turned RTX on :p

Back
Top Bottom