My Photos.. critique and feedback very welcome!

Associate
OP
The 4th and last I really like.

I'm very glad you like them Drollic.

There's a massive jump in the "professionalism" of the photos. It doesn't look like you're gunning for extreme bokeh just because DSLR etc, you're using it to great effect. The 4th one in particular is really really nice - looks like you've turned RTX on :p

Thanks for the kind words MrRockliffe.

Associate
Great shots

Love the rain drop hitting the robots eye. Sorry if this is a daft question but was this caught on camera or added after?

Man of Honour
Some of my latest photos..

red velvet
by jdewinnaar, on Flickr

the view
by jdewinnaar, on Flickr

I quite liked these personally. Felt the colour vs subject matter matched nicely and overall focus, though maybe a little too much bokeh in the 2nd shot.

The earlier shots showed you had the right idea, composition etc but post processing was too harsh for my eyeballs. The latest still life ones with Danbo/Wall-E carried on nice composition and colour but superimposed effects like lens flair, raindrop etc isn't for me sadly but I do know many people do like this sort of thing.

The more varied things you shoot the more self critical you will become. Follow others who shoot things that interest you and whose work inspires you as well. Your internal self critique will get a big boost from those two things alone. Lots of folks out there end up starting shooting one type of subject matter and stick to it all the way through their journey and that kind of restricts how you approach how you end up shooting other subjects.

Associate
OP
I quite liked these personally. Felt the colour vs subject matter matched nicely and overall focus, though maybe a little too much bokeh in the 2nd shot.

The earlier shots showed you had the right idea, composition etc but post processing was too harsh for my eyeballs. The latest still life ones with Danbo/Wall-E carried on nice composition and colour but superimposed effects like lens flair, raindrop etc isn't for me sadly but I do know many people do like this sort of thing.

The more varied things you shoot the more self critical you will become. Follow others who shoot things that interest you and whose work inspires you as well. Your internal self critique will get a big boost from those two things alone. Lots of folks out there end up starting shooting one type of subject matter and stick to it all the way through their journey and that kind of restricts how you approach how you end up shooting other subjects.

Thanks for the comment and wise words mrk. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment as well as your personal input regarding my photos. Still life is pretty much the one thing I really like doing, but I would like to get out and do a bit more variety. If only I had more willing models (family members).

Here are some more photos below that are mostly still life, but some are a bit further from my "comfort zone"..

Back
Top Bottom