My rights as a supsect.......

dsb

dsb

Associate
The only time to give a full no comment interview would be if you are guilty of the offence and you know the police have lots of evidence, or if you know there on a fishing trip.

Man of Honour
Gotta be honest I'd be wary too of going to the BTP station for an "interview" I'd request it be held at a regular police station.

Also given the circumstances I'd "no comment" pretty much anything put to me unless I could be certain it couldn't be used against me.

Soldato
OP
I'm surprised Fox hasn't picked up on this.
Which part of the car hit your foot?
What is the exact damage to his car?

Before you reply consider how far your foot is off the ground when walking.

I'm assuming it's the rear door. It all happened so quickly.

I have no idea as to the damage, the car did not stop. I did not seek the car or driver. Any damage could have already been there or happened after.

All I know is there was contact between my foot and the car. As I was not injured any alleged damage cannot be that severe.

Soldato
The only time to give a full no comment interview would be if you are guilty of the offence and you know the police have lots of evidence, or if you know there on a fishing trip.

How about if they have no proof? If they can't prove it, why comment and risk them twisting your words and dropping you in deep doo doo?

dsb

dsb

Associate
How about if they have no proof? If they can't prove it, why comment and risk them twisting your words and dropping you in deep doo doo?

or if you know there on a fishing trip i.e trying to trip you up, get you to say something you shouldn't.

Man of Honour

This, absolutely no reason to say anything that could potentially put you in it... these people are NOT your friends, even if at the end of the day they are just doing their job.

Soldato
OP
Try get the witness to give you a witness statement and anyone else there that you recall being present, don't get a lawyer now you will be afforded the right to have one present in your interview and will be free for each interview you have to attend. I would call BTP and request that they recover any CCTV in or about the area, the cctv does not have to cover the area of the incident if its not there but show the manner in which the car was being driven, if this is not done you can bring it up in the interview, when you call always get the Officers name and collar number. (Council CCTV sometimes gets over written every 30 days)

I'm not a leagal advisor but i think your best course of action would to prepare a full statement, read that out on tape then go no comment to all other questions unless they will help in your defence. Also make sure you quote the crime ref number you were given for the incident you reported.

Not a nice situation to be in, but they have a duty to interview you either guilty or not.

Both the witness and I have done separate statements. I tried to give the BTP officer the incident number but he didn't seem interested as if it was not relevant. This I did not understand. surely If i reported the incident to the Police and have an incident report number, they could take that and then look into and get a copy of the report. then we can go from there.

Man of Honour
Definitely need legal representation, starting to wonder if the BTP officer is a mate of the driver or the driver also works there.

dsb

dsb

Associate
Definitely need legal representation, starting to wonder if the BTP officer is a mate of the driver or the driver also works there.

I very much doubt it, a crime has been reported a suspect has been identified they have a duty to investigate.

Soldato
OP
I very much doubt it, a crime has been reported a suspect has been identified they have a duty to investigate.

Technically a suspect has not been properly identified. They have a picture of the back someone's head. That person might be me, I have not seen said photo.

I called them about the hit and run incident.

Man of Honour
I'm assuming it's the rear door. It all happened so quickly.

I have no idea as to the damage, the car did not stop. I did not seek the car or driver. Any damage could have already been there or happened after.

All I know is there was contact between my foot and the car. As I was not injured any alleged damage cannot be that severe.

Then if you were walking the only thing that could have hit you was his tyre.
There is 100% no way could your foot have made contact with any bodywork.

Soldato
So this car is doing 30 to 40, you walking at 3 or 4 miles an hour... but your foot damages the rear back door?

I have to be honest, if I were you I wouldn't want to go in to the police station. It sounds far more like you've kicked it because it didn't stop for you at a crossing. I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying after 4 pages of this thread, this is what it sounds like.

You've not really been able to answer our simple questions, someone with some evidence from his side and a decent ability to question someone is going to pull you to pieces...

Soldato
So this car is doing 30 to 40, you walking at 3 or 4 miles an hour... but your foot damages the rear back door?

I have to be honest, if I were you I wouldn't want to go in to the police station. It sounds far more like you've kicked it because it didn't stop for you at a crossing. I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm saying after 4 pages of this thread, this is what it sounds like.

You've not really been able to answer our simple questions, someone with some evidence from his side and a decent ability to question someone is going to pull you to pieces...

+1
You may not be guilty OP but you don't seem to be able to explain what exactly happened in detail which is always going to raise questions as to the legitimacy of what you are saying.

VoG

VoG

Soldato

this tbh, it just doesn't add up at all.

Just walk around your room & look at your feet & see how little you lift your foot to take a step, it's a matter of inches, you would have to be stepping off the mother of all pavements to accidentally catch his rear passenger door with your foot, either that or you walk like an escapee from John Cleese's ministry of silly walks.

dsb

dsb

Associate
NEVER EVER, EVER go into interview without a legal advisor present, if they try spill that it will take xxx hrs for one to arrive just state they you will either return in an hour or ask to speak to the legal advisor appointed to you and give him/her your mobile number. If they then arrest you and put you in a cell (It does happen) remind them you are there voluntary and if you are placed in a cell you will be taking further legal advice and possible legal action. Read this http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...0u23Bg&usg=AFQjCNEPLvMhgVtJmp586Bf6azCrWIbEXA

dsb

dsb

Associate
Technically a suspect has not been properly identified. They have a picture of the back someone's head. That person might be me, I have not seen said photo.

I called them about the hit and run incident.

Did you not call them and state you had some involvement with a hit and run incident with a BMW the same time a that they were looking for a someone who criminally damaged a car (same car that hit you, that is similar in many respects), if so it makes you a suspect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom