My silly old overpriced Nissan thread. S15 content here.

3649303430.jpg

*****ing useless bunch of **** at the powder coaters let me down with some BS excuse again, now say they will be ready tomorrow. I can't go until Monday and anyway I don't believe for a second they will actually be done.

Extremely angry right now :mad:

I can see why, utter rubbish.

Kosta, if they aren't done by Monday I will kick off, take them back and go to your place, had quite enough waiting now.

Try rimstock in west brom, for wheel refurbs I had mine done there took a week but they loaned me a set why they had mine, had tyres removed, stripped back to bare metal, any imperfections repaired, primer, top coat, lacquer, tyres fitted and balanced, for £42.50 a wheel

Who are you using for the wheels Clarkey? Bad times :( There are some right plonkers out there.

I had a run-in with Wheel Repair Centre up in Bamber Bridge, not happy the first time, and while their second effort is better in terms of looks of the faces, looking at the backs, it's clear all they've done is a key of the existing paint and then a blow over...

Couldn't be bothered taking them back again :o

cool cars

we pic of my old one, was a utter complete bargain and still not exactly sure i got it so cheap, £5200, stood me £5600 by time i stuck skyline gtst brakes on all round and the 18" bbs LM bought for £250 made the bargain

1999 nissan silvia spec R (genuine R)
6 speed manual sr20det
s15 BB turbo
HKS SSQV black edition
Earthing kit
Blitz nurspec R cat back
Blitz downpipe and decat
Apexi intake filter
Apexi steel intake pipe
Apexi front mount intercooler
Apexi powerFC ECU system (fastcav mapped yesterday, legend)
Blitz SBC-ID boost controller 1.0 and 1.3 bar
Walbro fuel pump
Apexi turbo timer
Tein coilovers
R33 gtst full brake setup including handbrake
1.5 diff
Exedy clutch
AEM air/fuel wideband
Honda integra typeR seats
BBS LM 18" 8j/9j rims 225/40/18 rubber all round
D-max 50/50 red white tail lights
factory HID headlights real good job and no ballast knocking about
all s15 spec R factory chassis bracing strut braces boot braces diff braces etc
upgrade front traction arms
Front lip kit with carbon insert
Silvia factory floor mats
Nismo shift knob
rear tint
Factory wind deflectors

2w49r4j.jpg

lives in slough, engerland now.

Last edited:
Finally got my wheels back.
10409500_824122143285_6369868199565224389_n.jpg

The colour was a mistake I think. Ride heights look a bit peculiar too I might raise the back end a bit later. Still, the AD08R grip like crazy, big improvement over the anorexia spec Falken Ziex of doom. Before it would light up first, second and third, now it only spins a little bit at the top of first. :)

Last edited:
20140525_203914_edit_1401098752727.jpg~original

If the image is larger than 1280 pixels wide please resize, link only or put in spoiler tags. Thank you

The DW/HSD suspension was worth every penny, completely transformed the car. It actually keeps the tyres on the road now and doesn't give you a concussion every time you drive. Feels very similar to the e36 now actually which is a huge compliment because that was superb. Best decision I made, really happy with the car now and don't pine after another BMW any more.

Last edited:
Had to raise the front, it decided it was going to start rubbing the arch liner on the drivers side, and then rub all the way through, and start rubbing through the washer pipes too. This is disappointing, I guess a job for the weekend is taking the wing off to move the wiring and hoses up and cut out the bits of liner that are rubbing. I didn't want to do this, my E36 ran without arch liners and the amount of stones and mucky water that ended up in the door jambs was a bit stupid :/

Back
Top Bottom