My silly old overpriced Nissan thread. S15 content here.

Sounds worth a shot, never used a shop around here myself. My sisters e46 had some work done at Coven though and it's the best work I've seen. Silver car and you literally can't tell it's had work done no matter how closely you look. I had another shop quote me to paint the front end on the BMW over Willenhall way and that was half what Coven said.

I will try your guy, thanks for the recommendation.

You read way too much into it, I just don't like how the badge looks. It would be counter intuitive to remove it so people don't know it's a Nissan. You will just get people asking you what it is and then you have to tell them it's only a Nissan. This happens a lot with the 300zx which doesn't have any Nissan branding on. I don't mind at all, nobody would ever start a conversation with you at the pumps when you are in a BMW.

Well, I finally got those pesky dash bulbs replaced. Possibly the least interesting aspect of the car lol.
Before.
20131030_211223.jpg

After.
20131118_150619.jpg

Better, honestly though it's still dim as heck, the rest of the dash illumination is dim as well as the cluster. I'm sure they are not getting the full 12v, car doesn't have a dimmer either, will investigate this further as honestly it's a bit annoying.

Onto the wheels, I can't decide what colour I should get them done in. White or gold?

White..
car.jpg

Gold..
avs6.jpg~original

On a black body of course. What are your opinions?

I've considered that, but these are lightweight tuner wheels and were never available in silver originally. Maybe it will look too bland?

Went to check out the engine today, seems great. What I heard about the t28r is true, spools fast, basically doesn't have any lag. Power is good too, that mad little s13 would light up 3rd as it came on cam, with only 0.7bar. I think this motor in my 15 is going to be a beautiful thing. Should be on a pallet tomorrow :)

Engine is here, almost forgot how much of a pain it is lugging around a big old chunk of metal. Anyway I'm chuffed, he chucked in the lightweight fly and exedy uprated clutch :)

Yeah, turbo is GT2560R. Very quick spool and good for the power level I want. My friend who picked it up for me has a SpecR auto (yeah yeah, guy has 1 leg) which has a slightly smaller turbo and made 330hp with it. If I make that power I'll be happy, with a better turbo and cams there's room for more though I suppose.

I was browsing some info about the motor swap wiring and by chance found a black car with the wheels I have in gold and the kind of lows I plan on.
zuQaWF9.jpg

Looks ok I think, might go for the gold option.

They are 8j/9j +35, it only looks whack because it's on stilts. When it's lowered and on smaller tyres it will look alright.

The yellow one in Scotland is Mints missus, she's a very attractive lady you should stick around and see :p

Last edited:
Watch out for rust, they can easily turn to rot boxes. Engine wise they are pretty solid but VVT rattle is a nuisance and blocked oil spray bars are bad news, frequent oil changes a must. Don't buy one that's been modded on the cheap, it will go bad.

Getting 300 out of it, you need a Walbro 255, FMIC, full exhaust and a tune. Beware though, 300 is running the stock turbo, injectors and MAF almost to the limits.

Back
Top Bottom