My silly old overpriced Nissan thread. S15 content here.

Finally got my wheels back.
10409500_824122143285_6369868199565224389_n.jpg

The colour was a mistake I think. Ride heights look a bit peculiar too I might raise the back end a bit later. Still, the AD08R grip like crazy, big improvement over the anorexia spec Falken Ziex of doom. Before it would light up first, second and third, now it only spins a little bit at the top of first. :)

Last edited:
20140525_203914_edit_1401098752727.jpg~original

If the image is larger than 1280 pixels wide please resize, link only or put in spoiler tags. Thank you

The DW/HSD suspension was worth every penny, completely transformed the car. It actually keeps the tyres on the road now and doesn't give you a concussion every time you drive. Feels very similar to the e36 now actually which is a huge compliment because that was superb. Best decision I made, really happy with the car now and don't pine after another BMW any more.

Last edited:
Had to raise the front, it decided it was going to start rubbing the arch liner on the drivers side, and then rub all the way through, and start rubbing through the washer pipes too. This is disappointing, I guess a job for the weekend is taking the wing off to move the wiring and hoses up and cut out the bits of liner that are rubbing. I didn't want to do this, my E36 ran without arch liners and the amount of stones and mucky water that ended up in the door jambs was a bit stupid :/

Thanks, can't wait to get the aero kit sorted will look awesome then.

It has an oil leak from the crank pulley by the looks of it, been to Nissan today and ordered a new front crank seal. They looked at it as though I'd rocked up in a space ship.

Found a dyno shop just 10 minutes away so thinking I might pay a visit this week.

Auto diff is long :p I'm on a 4.1 like all the JDM 5 speeds. 0-60 in these will be down to how well you have it set up for traction over anything else imo.

Anyway, turns out that dyno place can't monitor AFR or boost because their interface unit is broken or something. Might go to powerstation instead, Fuzz you listening?? :p

Grr problems. Maxed both he MAF and injectors at only 1.0bar. I thought the 440s would go more than that but duty cycle hit 100% at just 5800rpm. Had to drop it back down to 0.8 and it now feels really slow. Looks like going Z32 maf and 550s to satisfy my power craving.

I'll end up buying it back when he's had enough of it :p

The 328 is gone now though, kind of sad about that. Had one last go in it before it went and I shouldn't have, handling was sublime on that and the Silvia isn't even in the same league.

Last edited:
So my arm kit arrived, got it fitted up and dialled in today. Didn't bother with the traction arms since my alignment guy said they are pointless. Also threw in the subframe locking collars.

Anyways, stupid arch lip is stopping me from going more upright, but got the rears up to -1'20 and 20min toe in, front to 7.5' caster, -2'30 and zeroed the toe. Lowered it another 10mm too.

Looks much better, seems to really hook up better mid-exit, and no longer has a really nasty snappiness on transition from grip to slip. The locking collars seriously firm up the subframe location, you don't feel any movement from the rear when cornering over rough bumps, very tight. Downside is you hear quite a bit more driveline noise in the cabin.

The front end still isn't as pointy as I would like, might go for poly lower arm and rack bushes.

Oh, and the problem I had with the downpipe studs doing a runner was worse than I had though. There was only one finger tight fixing left in the downpipe flange so we fixed that, no wonder it was savage loud on boost :p

Thats the good news, bad news is the 328's new owner blew it up just 1 week after buying. Remains to be seen if the engine is salvageable.

Back
Top Bottom