Name this... whatever it is

Man of Honour
091t.jpg

092ep.jpg

Apologies for the quality, taken with my phone.

Found in a bowl of Ravioli out of a tin. Thankfully I hadn't started eating.

It feels like gristle, but I haven't ever seen or heard of gristle that had sprouted shoots like that. I thought they were legs when I first spotted it.

I feel like hurling...

Soldato
Obviously some kind of alien mind-controlling creature, like in Star Trek.

Seriously, no ideas but that looks disgusting. Not so dissimilar to tinned ravioli, actually. :p

Soldato
Frank, is that you?

But seriously, I haven't got the foggiest what that is. Send it to me and I'll dissect it in the lab :cool:

On the plus side, though, if you complain, you're sure to get some free ravioli :p

Man of Honour
OP
ZERG RUSH

Pardon?

Frank, is that you?

But seriously, I haven't got the foggiest what that is. Send it to me and I'll dissect it in the lab :p

On the plus side, though, if you complain, you're sure to get some free ravioli :p

Oh, great!

Seriously, the fact that I can't even begin to decide what it is has probably put me off for life. Blergh.

Soldato
I (used to) love tinned Ravioli :(

It's one of the only tinned foods I still eat, especially now they sell chopped tomatoes in cartons not tins!

They sell them in cartons? When did this happen? :confused:

To be honest, it almost looks a bit parasitic, but I imagine that's just the combination of phone camera quality and my awful screen here at work. Are the 'shoots' growing through it or from the surface of it?

Man of Honour
OP
They sell them in cartons? When did this happen? :confused:

I first bought some last week, when I went to get more yesterday I looked around and actually couldn't find any at all in tins. Sainsbury's own brand (I stress, this was not the supermarket I bought the Ravioli from) and Napolina toms were all in cartons.

To be honest, it almost looks a bit parasitic, but I imagine that's just the combination of phone camera quality and my awful screen here at work. Are the 'shoots' growing through it or from the surface of it?

No, it does look parasitic, but it's about the size of a 20p, which would be a huge parasite!

It's very squishy.

Blerrrrggh.

Caporegime
Looks rank and would probably put me off Ravioli as well. I would say complain but the best you'll get is an apology and a coupon. That's all I got when I found a plaster wrapped around a tinned hot dog sausage.

Back
Top Bottom