1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Narcos

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by SoliD, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Glanza

Capodecina

The bad lip reading guys have gone all in:

2. Participant

Caporegime

Great series. Just finished the 3rd one and it was excellent.

3. Richdog

Capodecina

Also just finished the 3rd series last night and as much as I enjoyed the first two this it was my favourite, the tension was extremely high throughout it. While Pablo is a famous story, I find the more clandestine and shadowy drug organisations more fascinating, and I think Cali epitomised that until things went pear-shaped for them. Great story, great acting, great script. :)

4. SoliD

Capodecina

Watched this over the weekend and thought it was really good all the way through, showing the progress of monitoring/espionage, but still sometimes its all about luck. Episodes kept you gripped until the end. Overall not as good as the first series but an improvement over the second!

5. Participant

Caporegime

Javier Pena and Navegante excelled again this series. Some of the sting scenes were seriously taut.

6. dannyjo22

Caporegime

I'm struggling with the 3rd series, I find myself drifting. Every time the Cali security guy comes on I just think that's a younger David gest.

7. Malevolence

Capodecina

*checks gate*

8. darkwildchild79

Hitman

Seen season 3 about a week ago, and i am impressed cant wait for season 4, it just keep getting better in my eyes, i was not sure about season one until i heard everyone talking about it and then i tried it out and now i have complete season 3... still not sure why i took long to even see it, anyway nothing is lost when you have Netflix its just a click away.

9. snow patrol

Mobster

agreed - i felt season 3 was probably the strongest of all three! Brilliant stuff. Onwards to Mexico?! :)

10. Richdog

Capodecina

Holy crap...

‘Narcos’ Location Scout Shot and Killed in Mexico
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/narcos-shot-murdered-location-scout-mexico-1202561257/

:eek:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  11. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Wow. RIP.

I wonder how that can work? They would still say it was Mexico when really it was Columbia?

12. Malevolence

Capodecina

The Juarez cartel is still very much active and one of the most brutal crime outfits on the planet, they're just as brutal as ISIS when it comes to killing (more so in some cases), so I wonder if this may be a warning from the cartel not to tell this story.

13. Richdog

Capodecina

It's very, very possible and I also immediately thought the same thing. The last thing they will want is people drawing further attention to them.

14. adam cool dude

Sgarrista

They did Sicario as well many others without problems. I just guess he was in the wrong neighbourhood.

Apocalypse now wasn't filmed in Vietnam either. They could do it in any other Latin American Spanish speaking country.

15. Trusty

Capodecina

I haven't seen any of this show, been reading the last 7 pages and it looks like it's kept a consistent level throughout, might have to do a bit of binge watching sometime.

16. Malevolence

Capodecina

Do it. You won't be disappointed.

17. dannyjo22

Caporegime

Finished, just absolutely bloody brilliant TV. I can't think of any TV I have watched over 3 series to be so consistently great. In a way I wish that was it, because it ended so well and feels like it doesn't need more.

18. BRIGGBOY81

Wise Guy

Absolutely the best TV show ever made, and it even beats The Soppranos for me (but only just). Ive never known a show where you can totally detest and love some one at the same time as much as this.

19. Richdog

Capodecina

Whoah... what was your previous favourite?

20. TNA

Capodecina

Let me take a wild guess, The Sopranos?

:p