US: Narcos

Soldato
Just finished S2, what a brilliant series

I finished this a few weeks ago and totally agree. Absolutely fantastic show. A few people I know have said they can't be bothered with it because there are too many subtitles and it's too much effort. They're not illiterate, just lazy. :rolleyes:

What's not to like about learning insulting phrases in another language? :D

Soldato
I like that they use the word 'Puta' a lot (the one word I wasn't allowed to use with my South American female friend) which I believe means whore, but the subtitles could come up as pretty much any random bad word, except whore :)

Soldato
I like that they use the word 'Puta' a lot (the one word I wasn't allowed to use with my South American female friend) which I believe means whore, but the subtitles could come up as pretty much any random bad word, except whore :)

Haha I noticed that too. I knew the phrase for "son of a whore" and caught that a few times but got very confused at all the different meanings coming up in the subtitles. I suppose it's more interpretation and context rather than direct translation. :)

Soldato
There was a good documentary on National Geographic last night called "Facing Pablo Escobar"

It had a lot of modern interviews with all the people involved, like Steve Murphey, Javier Pena, George Jung (from the film Blow) and Escobars main hitman Popeye

It was good to hear about the reality of a lot of events we have just watched :)

Soldato
Almost felt sorry for Pablo at the end. Great TV show and one of my favorite ever.

Nice that there will be more seasons of Narcos, I'm sure it will be just as good as first two seasons.

Oddly so did I.

I enjoyed Episode 9 of season 2.
Went back to his roots and explored what Pablo could have been had he not become a Narco.

Associate
Loved the first 2 season - am curious as to how they will make the next 2 quite as good.

Oh and I hope there is more Tata.... Ggrrrooowwwl. :D

Back
Top Bottom