US: Narcos

Soldato
S3 surely has Oberyn going after the cali gang, should only take the one season to do it.

Made me lol a little.

Love the way its narrated, just like Goodfella's (my fav film ever).

A friend just tweeted me this link saying he thought the guy had it spot on -

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/30/9226193/narcos-netflix-review-series

I read the first few paragraphs and think the guys an idiot. IMO the narration is great, explaining who people are, what they've done, why they're relevant.

Soldato
It will be based on the Cali cartel next.

Pretty obvious with the way season 2 finished with agent Peña and what he knows about them . . .

Yeah, I thought this was quite obvious. A friend (the same one I mention above) says they have said they have enough content for 5 seasons in all.

Anyone notice the real Javier Peña and Steve Murphy cameo at the end?

Last ep spoiler

Doesn't that mean they acted a character? Did they? We saw the real Murphy in the photo of course, but where they actually in the show?

2C6DE4A700000578-3238278-image-m-49_1442502871779.jpg

I notice Murphy doesn't have a vest on. Does he turn up late you think?

33C0F1CA00000578-3570036-Attention_to_detail_This_level_of_accuracy_between_the_Narcos_sc-a-50_1462239724267.jpg

**EDIT** Also slightly interesting... only slightly - http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/24/narcos-pablo-escobar-death-scene-photos/

Last edited:
Soldato
Almost felt sorry for Pablo at the end. Great TV show and one of my favorite ever.

Nice that there will be more seasons of Narcos, I'm sure it will be just as good as first two seasons.

Caporegime
I am so happy that they are going to be dealing with the Cali cartel. They were so brilliantly realised in the second series of Narcos. Far from being sad that Pablo was systematically dismantled, I found it very satisfying and I really liked the way that the Cali cartel operated, quietly and strategically. Agent Pena coming back is a definite bonus. :D

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Finally finished watching S2.

LOVED it. Took me so long to watch it as I knew he would die in the end and well... I just didn't want him to die :( Really wished he would have some magic plan up his sleeve to come back and be the Patron once again. Also Limon staying to the end was touching, felt like he was Pablo's only true and loyal friend.

On a side note...how BEAUTIFUL was Tata? The actress... Paulina Gaitan.... to me... is the absolute perfection of a woman! Just check out her Instagram account... wow... she would be my perfect wifey for lifey..what a sexy latina..my favourite type.... hope I end up marrying her double one day :D:p

Caporegime
Also Limon staying to the end was touching, felt like he was Pablo's only true and loyal friend.

Limon lost any sympathy the moment he killed his friend and left some cash on the bed next to the baby. He turned out to be like every other sicario douchebag.

Associate
Finished this today, and it was so good. Probably the best of the Netflix series. Enjoyment was definitely heightened by the fact I really knew very little about Escobar going in. All I want to do now is read more in to the Cali Cartel, but will try and hold off.

On a side note...how BEAUTIFUL was Tata?

She really was great in that last season. She is also very attractive. Splendid rear end.

Soldato
I'd read the Mark Bowden book "Killing Pablo" a few months before S1 started so I wasn't sure if the TV show would be able to capture the utter excess in money & violence but Narco's did a great job and I can't wait to see S3 now!

Back
Top Bottom