US: Narcos

Soldato
My take on season 3:
After having an interesting read up on Escobar's history, plus his associates and enemies. It did mention that the Cali gang then take on the number one role. But don't last anywhere near as long as Escobar did. I think they'll easily get a season 3 in, but i think they'll struggle for a season 4.

Permabanned
Still only half way through. I kinda like that this is subbed as it forces me to sit down and pay attention. Had to restart the first episode when i realised i had no idea what was going on as i wasn't looking at the TV a lot of the time.

Associate
Just finished watching it fantastic series. Anyone notice the real Javier Peña and Steve Murphy cameo at the end?

I guess next season will follow on with the Cali Cartel but someone like Pablo is a tough act to follow.

I saw the real Steve Murphy, didn't notice Pena though.

Awesome second series, I hope they make the third.

Soldato
I very much enjoyed this conclusion to the Pablo storyline.
They won't be starting afresh, but I would expect a virtual restart for the next season.

It is very nicely made, and the way the completely true events have spliced real footage is good, to separate the drama from the reality.

Soldato
Yes Netflix has done a stellar job with Narcos. One of the best series out there. Didn't realise the Columbians had it soooooooooo bad with him alive and creating all that terror. Obviously i knew who Pablo Escobar was and that he was a typical drug lord, but really he was as much as a drug lord as he was a violent terrorist. The hell with living out there during that era !

Soldato
I think for the next series they should change the setting. There are loads of notorious drug kingpins they could create a series about, and changing to battling the Mexicans or someone like Frank Lucas would be an interesting change of setting and allow for completely fresh characters. I think doing a story about Javier Pena bringing down the Cali cartel would get old quite quickly.

edit: I personally think someone like the recently recaptured El Chapo Guzman or Manuel Noriega would make a fascinating kingpin, or as above move things to drugs within the USA and focus on someone like Frank Lucas or Griselda Blanco.

Caporegime
the thing is you have to look at the characters and the scale.many obviously heard of pablo but dont realize the scale or how big he was.billions.totally different league to frank lucas.

finished season 2 enjoyed it well done. cali cartel for season 3 then season 4 or 5 on el chappo i think.hes just like a modern day pablo so thats who is going to be done on.

Soldato
Binged it over the weekend, I think I prefer season 1 as it showed him coming to power, S2 had it's moments and after reading up on how he actually died they kept it as close as in the show even down to the clothing.

S3 surely has Oberyn going after the cali gang, should only take the one season to do it.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Finished watching series 1 + 2 over a couple of weeks.

Massively enjoyed this show, it's a right gem.

Love the way its narrated, just like Goodfella's (my fav film ever).

So no wonder I love this.

Roll on season 3!!!

Couldn't agree more but how they going continue?

Back
Top Bottom