NEARLY 2 YEARS WAITING: New Mustang GT PP is finally mine!

Soldato
You should realise I think after July order books for MY18 open, so you should go check out the facelift before buying the current car, just in case you prefer the facelift as it looks different some prefer, some do not, but power, handling and technology wise the facelift is a big step on compared to current car. Though it will probably be circa 45k with nice options, still crushes any other car for the money though!

Yup aware of MY18. Aesthetics are on par for me, bits I prefer bits I don't - but overall fantastic. I know it'll be better under the hood but as you say price is likely to be higher and im maxing myself as is so not sure I can push much more; also no confirmed dates yet and can see things getting held up and with current contract for my Focus ST3 up in Jan I think it'd be awkward so happy to go for the current model :)

Soldato
MY18 cars wont be physical until Jan/Feb next year so it fits the timing for your ST3 contract...

Order books are now shut on the current Mustang and all current units for final production run are locked so unable to change specs etc... You can still buy one but new fresh orders cannot be done...

Soldato
MY18 cars wont be physical until Jan/Feb next year so it fits the timing for your ST3 contract...

Order books are now shut on the current Mustang and all current units for final production run are locked so unable to change specs etc... You can still buy one but new fresh orders cannot be done...

Are those dates official though, I've heard all sorts of date ranges

OcUK Staff
OP
Some photos myself and mate grabbed from a meet this weekend!

IMG_0574.jpg~original

IMG_0583.jpg~original

IMG_0571.jpg~original

IMG_0580.jpg~original

IMG_0579.jpg~original

IMG_0584.jpg~original

IMG_0582.jpg~original

Absolutely love how the car sits on the new wheels, ride height, stance is spot on and the car drives lovely, neutral, rides super compliant and comfy, zero harshness and absolutely huuuuuuge amounts of grips whilst being progressive. Glad to be back on MPSS, for whatever reason the Mustang just did not feel consistent on them, sometimes it felt hugely grippy and other times very loose. With MPSS the car simply feels better, just hope I can keep getting them or that the PS4S in 275/40/19 is fine as its a Mustang specific tyre.

OcUK Staff
OP
Lol. Keeping it all in this thread I didn't realise the brakes were so good. The car really is a complete package!

That is because a UK/EU Mustang is the flagship GT, we get all the optional extras as standard, so Performance Package, premium interior, rumour is because of exchange rate Ford only made £500 profit per car on the first cars pre-sold at the first price which I paid, so in short they made zero. That is why my car that cost me £35,385 brand new, the same car to buy today is around £41,000, it is also why Ford would buy may car back for 30-32k a year and half later.

No plans on selling, the car is at a real nice place now and its Summer so really enjoyable thing to be in, it cruises like a GT and does it exceptionally well and it can really attack a b-road in the dry flat out. Still pretty poor in the wet, but its not an all out sports car, but it is very much a drivers car, RWD, Manual, V8 NA and commands a lot of respect to pedal it.

They are nice cars, the engine, brakes are superb as they come, suspension needs some tweaking however but a set of KW's, spacers and some bracing in the rear can be done for sub £2k. Sorts the handling nicely and then when you want more power 2k NA gains you around 100 horses or 5-10kg gains you 250-500 horses depending on which way you go and how far you push it. :)

Soldato
Took some proper photos of the new wheels :)

IMG_4200.jpg~original

I just started reading this thread an hour ago. Lovely car but it wasn't doing much for me, no offence. But these stunning new black wheels.. BAM! Now we're talking! Suddenly it truly looks like what I regard as a proper sports car. It's awe inspiring like Batman when he changes into his muscly black suit of armour.

Car looks sensational to me now and yes I would buy one if I had the money. But £35K plus all the mods.. Gibbo must be minted! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Why on earth would you want to "stealth look" a car which:
a) is not at all subtle (it looks mean and purposeful)
b) can be heard coming from a mile away

???

I like the caliper colour! If you got big brakes, show 'em off IMO!

Back
Top Bottom