NEARLY 2 YEARS WAITING: New Mustang GT PP is finally mine!

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo how would yours do against a E60 m5 just curious ?

From what perspective? I'd say performance must be pretty similar, 0-60 4.5s, 0-100 9s, 100-200kmh is 9.5s and top useful speed is 170mph. I suspect the M5 would be much faster beyond 170 due to gearing.

Handling wise the Mustang is better, though the M5 has advantage of paddles so is a little easier to drive.

Really hard to separate them as both awesome cars, I would say stock for stock M5 will hand Mustang its ass on the road, maybe only on a track they would be equal.

OcUK Staff
OP

Gotta say it in that video MY18 is looking quite nice and for an Ecoboost that looks very nice.

That digital dash you get a couple of seconds sneak peak at, oh my god, I WANT IT and yes I know I love my gimmicks and gadgets. :D

Video of new dash in action:

Love it, so childish, but oh so fun!

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the front looks very wrong.. a bit retarded fish like :o

YES, the front end droops down and looks like a Wels Catfish, It shows worst of all in yellow but not so bad in grey...........the 2013 mustang to me has the best front end.

Last edited:
Caporegime
New styling is awesome in my opinion and I think a definite improvement.
Love the new 10 spokes although wish there was a black option.
Pity there has been no confirmation on power and torque etc as yet although liking rumors it will be in the 455 horsepower region :)
Will be putting my order in the moment my dealership allows me, although still to decide between Royal Crimson or Shadow black :confused:

Soldato
Soldato
Just looking at the Mustang section of Ford UK's website it looks like the Orange colour isn't available to order, is it exclusive to the US? Scratch that, I think it's still the current model.

OcUK Staff
OP
Bright colours for fast cars seems sensible. 2011 Mustang runs from Police at 208mph. Does that sound feasible or a mistake, over a decade ago I hosted a 6speed user /Kuwati's video of his Porsche stage4gt 911TT doing 200 out on the desert roads which in theory was impossible due to gearing but there it was

http://jalopnik.com/19-year-old-man-arrested-for-allegedly-going-208-mph-in-1789010226

Yes they only need a supercharger to crack 200mph as the gearing in the manuals is crazy, USA cars come with M6 3.73 so 6th tops around 210-220mph and they can get upto around 211mph with a stage 2 Whipple kit which is 750-850HP depending on tuner.
UK cars have longer M6 3.55 gearing so even better for supercharging as more traction, top speed in that gear is around 240-250mph, the car with a stage 2 will probably max around 210mph.

Mine is NA around 510-520HP, it pulls hard in 5th and reaches 170mph pretty quick, no idea about 6th but 80-100mph is not too bad now for such a long gear but if I want to make progress I just drop to 5th. I suspect it could pull around 175-185mph in current state of tune.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just looking at the Mustang section of Ford UK's website it looks like the Orange colour isn't available to order, is it exclusive to the US? Scratch that, I think it's still the current model.

MY15/16 you could order competition orange, this colour is now discontinued, here is my mates car:

IMG-20170519-WA0022.jpg

Its a very red orange, infact it normally photographs as red unless you have a proper camera, in the flesh its a striking colour, very in your face but looks damn good and works well on Mustang, though Mustangs work with any colour being an American muscle/sports/GT car.

MY18 you can pick new Orange Fury, no idea how long Ford will run this colour but its expected be to be a one year run like Competition Orange was making it quite an exclusive colour. In Ford press shots it did not look great, very mustard like but it seems Ford took some shockingly bad photos or they were photoshopped as best guess.

Here is an MY18 owned by a M6G forum member, it looks superb:

19905246_1109023542531723_7026604609460386453_n.jpg

I had settled on getting Lightning Blue or Magnetic again for my next Mustang as I've pretty much decided on one now considering how much I enjoy the current one.

Now I am set on Orange Fury, I love it from seeing the photos by owners, plus the MY18 looks better from every angle except the front in my opinion though the front is growing on me though I will probably do a full GT 350 styling conversion on an MY18 as they look so good and the hood, fenders and front bumper is reasonable money, obviously MY18 will be new parts and if I go MY18 and decide to convert I shall order car from Ford, buy the parts and then give them to Ford to fit/spray pre-delivery of the car as they offer to do that as service.

Not much is clarified yet but I will V8 again, 10-speed auto and fingers crossed for options such as magneride (if not my KW's go on), active exhaust (if not my Extreme goes on) and I'd like stuff like the Carbon/Alcantara interior package MY18 has as it looks stunning, I will probably move my current wheels across, might re-paint them gloss black though and I will either move my current wing across as well. I will leave all the power mods on the current one or put it back to stock and sell those mods as the MY18 makes 500HP with just a tune, I will then look at cobra jet IM, headers, TB and go for 600HP NA as with the 10-speed it will be more than enough performance and importantly deploy able to the road at all times. :)

I won't order though until I've seen and driven one this time, just in case that 10-speed sucks, though all reviews and owners of the F150 and Camaro with it are raving how superb it is. But no rush as this time I've already got a Mustang and I shall just continue enjoying and modding this one. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Well being getting into the show scene, last three weekends, attended a show each weekend, first weekend was American car show at Tatton Park, had the car on show and I got burnt like crazy, forecast was overcast whole day, the reality was clear blue skies and red hot, no hat, no suncream so I got fried, anyway a picture:

19601416_10158720308700478_3650100879385670474_n.jpg

Following weekend I attended the super cars northwest meet at Preston Marina, was lots of nice stuff on display including a lot of American stuff:

19748722_10158763220920478_6799112923044887696_n.jpg

This weekend attended Modurstang open day, absolutely fantastic, live band, free food, drink, beer, champagne, though it rained early on which put a lot of the classic stuff off, 92 cars turned up. Here is an aerial shot of some cars in the field, though many were parked in the units and around:

19990096_1613326502034111_8139735382758316624_n.jpg

A video of Modurstand event from this weekend and previous years:

I've also got my new brake disc fitted, shaved 11kg of the car, that is close to 35kg removed with brakes and lighter wheels and oh my can you feel it in acceleration but even better car just seems to ride lovely, just glides over bumps, very impressive considering its on KW Clubsports.
I've also fitted rear sequential indicators and shall be doing fronts as well, will post some videos up at some point but now its not just Audi's or US imports with the fancy lights. :D

mtec1.jpg

mtec4.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

Brakes seem to work great, gone for a less track orientated pad as stock they come with DS2500 in the front, switched to a less dustier pad all round with a more linear pedal feel which I like, only downside they are not recommended for track use, guessing they fade so if I go on track have to keep that in mind.

Going to be adding some more touches of acid green to the car over next few days, one of my cats seem to have failed or something has broken in the exhaust as its rattling internally setting of my knock sensor, Ford had it in, agreed exhaust has failed internally and are changing under warranty this Thursday. Great service from the new dealership, they really are superb! :)

Am also going to paint the mirrors black and wrap the roof black to finish it off styling wise!

I shall be at Donnington this Friday, car goes into Autobright 26th for a full polish and wax, then off to Ford Fair in August and then doing NC500 again late August, fingers crossed this time in the Mustang. :D

Back
Top Bottom